PDA

View Full Version : Trouble downloading pictures

bittentoo
July 25th, 2004, 01:41 PM
I'm having trouble downloading pictures[xx(] Is anyone else having problems? It tells me "save failed". Pics are 65k.

gasman
July 25th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Your file is too large. Orange paint takes up alot of memory. Try putting grey primer all over your car and upload the pics this way......just kidding. Select the smallest picture setting with the poorest clarity on your digital camera menu. I think your picture needs to be less than 50K to upload but I can't remember. Also, try using Adobe photoshop and edit the pics you have already taken. Just make them smaller.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

pgermond
July 25th, 2004, 06:15 PM
There may be a problem - most of mine are 75K. You might e-mail Patrick directly [8]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

ralphscott
July 25th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I have the same problem Kelly is having. I get the file down yet it won't post and it is less that 65K so there must be some parameter that we are not aware of. Rick and Brent's pics are large with great clarity. Rick and Brent what size files are you posting.

Ralph

bittentoo
July 25th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Just what I thought, this is an alien intervention[:O] They have been looking for me for me for a long time time:D Beam me up Scotty!

Damn! Still here[xx(] guess I'll have to figure out why I can't post pics of "The Orange One":D

clayfoushee
July 25th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Kelly, you may perceive them as aliens now since you've been here for so long, but I suspect, they're just trying to take you back home:D.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

bittentoo
July 25th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Clay, you might be right:D This is a mighty strange bunch:D:D
Can't wait until the next time we get to mingle:D:D:D

But for now it's bed-y-by time! Good night John Boy[|)]

eliminator
July 26th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Most of my files are in the 75 to 85K range. I think they have to be under 100K for this site. Must be a Texas thing, the bigger the better!

Rick

WBofTN
July 26th, 2004, 06:53 AM
I took some pics of my car last week with a new camera and each picture
ranges from 700k to 900k. I wish someone could walk me through the process
of lowering the numbers so I could post them.
Wes

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

pgermond
July 26th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Wes,

I don't believe you can reduce the file size with existing photos without downloading them and using some editing application (PhotoShop?). Sorry, I can't help you there. If you have the user manual for the camera look in the index for picture quality - it will tell you what setting is best for e-mail.

Good luck (it took me awhile to figure it as well, if that is any consolation).

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

ralphscott
July 26th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Kelly did a great job of talking me through it but I ran up against the file size thing an kept having to go back and forth till it finally would accept it. It is the post I made of my front sway bar. I think it was in the range of 50-60K much less than 75K. I agree with Wes we need help from the Pros in reducing the file size. I am using Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium 9.

Ralph

clayfoushee
July 26th, 2004, 07:32 PM
There are two choices:

1) look at your camera owners manual and use the lowest quality picture setting for pictures you want to post. Most people don't like this option, because they like to have the option of viewing or printing high quality pics.

2) That leads us to the second option: Buy a quality photo editor software like Photoshop, which has a picture size option that allows you to shrink any photo to whatever size a particular site accepts. I'm not familiar with MS Picture It and others, except that most of the ones that come on a computer when you buy it are more picture viewers more than photo editors. The photo viewer on my new computer doesn't allow me to change the pictures size either, but I handle it with Adobe Photoshop, which is a sophisticated photo editor.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

pgermond
July 26th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Ah, there is our resident expert... was wondering when you were going to weigh in, Clay :D

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

bittentoo
July 27th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the replies, but I've posted pics in the past but the system won't let me now:( File size isn't an issue.

Kelly

ralphscott
July 27th, 2004, 04:06 AM
I'll check it out Clay. Makes sense that if the camera output is of high density it would be harder to make the file size smaller once. When it takes me a couple of hours to post a picture it 'kinda dulls your interest in posting them.

Ralph

clayfoushee
July 27th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Kelly, I can't say one way or another whether anything has changed on this site that only allows smaller pictures now. I rather doubt that because I suspect Patrick would have mentioned it. It's also possible there is a problem, but usually Patrick jumps on those when they come to his attention. Perhaps he's on vacation or something.

Others, actually there's an option 3, which sometimes works. Most photos have lots of "dead-space" surrounding the object of the photo. Most photo viewer and camera software does allow pictures to be cropped. This can eliminate a lot of the file size and might work in some cases, if you don't have an easy way to shrink the file size.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

gasman
July 27th, 2004, 01:52 PM
I believe that is exactly what I said. Hey Clay, I'm at the beach see you tomorrow buddy boy. Drive careful.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

pbrown
July 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM
This is a test. I just uploaded this image of only 38.9K.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pbrown/63falcon2.jpg

Email images to me that you are having trouble with and I'll check it out.

--Patrick

bittentoo
July 27th, 2004, 02:11 PM
pbrown, Maybe I'm trying to post a file size that is to large. How large of a file can we download here?

gasman
July 27th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Bitten, I've uploaded 50K but had problems with files larger.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

pgermond
July 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM
This is 65K... no problem uploading

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/16 Ready for a Sunday drive.JPG

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
July 27th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I suspect the real problem is that Kelly can't crop his pictures because there are too many Hooters girls in the background to compliment the rest of the Orange One! He's just trying to share everything.:D

Steve, Amanda and I will drive carefully!

Clay

Annapolis, MD

ralphscott
July 28th, 2004, 04:06 AM
Clay, We have been real busy so I could not test my newly learned info. However, I took your suggestion read the camera instructions and they have a setting called basic that is 640 X 480. Darn who would have thought to read the instructions! You are a genius!:D

Ralph

clayfoushee
July 28th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the compliment Ralph. I could only wish it were true!;)

Clay

Annapolis, MD

pbrown
July 28th, 2004, 08:58 PM
The file limit is set to 100K.

--Patrick

Brent
July 29th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Kelly,
I have to agree with Clay on this one. TOOOOOOOOO MANYYYYYYYY Hooters girls.

Brent

pbrown
July 29th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Try cropping out the D cups and it will probably work fine.

--Patrick

ralphscott
July 29th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah but then what's the point (no pun intended) :D

Ralph

bittentoo
July 29th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Now why would you all think that I'm wanting to post pics of Hooter's girls[:O] Have you been lurking on some other sites????:D[^]

ralphscott
July 30th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Kelly, I thought you got the great color from TN Vols, but I heard, rumors only mind you, that Hooters girls, I think that is what they are called, also wear orange. Could it be a coincidence?? [:D}

Ralph

bittentoo
July 30th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Not sure, maybe I need to investigate[:P]:D

ralphscott
July 30th, 2004, 04:44 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

gasman
July 31st, 2004, 04:12 PM
Kelly, I'm looking forward to seeing ti..I mean brea...I mean Hooters girls that are a file size of 100K. Please devote all of your time to figuring this out.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389