PDA

View Full Version : Classic Motoring Accessories

KrAzEcJ
August 5th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I know we talked about car covers a while back and wanted to share this with guys. It's no big deal but just irritated me enough that I thought I should share it with you. Sunday I watched a Hotrod show and the did a segment on this outstanding car cover place and showed their whole manufacturing facility and how the could custom make covers for any car and gave the website address and phone #. Even though I dont need one yet I figured I would check them out. Website shows a nice red Cobra on their main page which one with reason would think they surely make covers for it then. Right? lol Also stating on national TV you make covers custom for "all" cars. I filled out the webform for a quote and about 4 days later I get an Email that they do not make covers for the Cobra. I emailed them again and asked about the TV coverage and the fact a Cobra is on their main page and recieved another email stating that they were sorry but they dont make covers for Cobra's.

Sounds to me like they need to take that Cobra off their website and I think I'l let Popular Hotrodding know that they do NOT make covers for all cars.

Sorry forgot the link http://www.properautocare.com/carcovers.html

Brent
August 5th, 2004, 02:14 PM
CJ,

Probably one of those Chevrolet loving companys. I just do not understand it , how could any fool love something painted ORANGE.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ralphscott
August 5th, 2004, 02:17 PM
CJ Just goes to show how desireable our cars are. A great eye catcher for a marketing ploy.
When you need one I got mine from California Car Covers for shows and the like, wraps up up tight so it takes very little space in the trunk. Around the house I've got this super soft floppy thing that fits real well that is designed for my CJ-7 real thick and very soft and will not fit in two bushel baskets. Protects fron the occasional rub.
Ralph

KrAzEcJ
August 5th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I know I'l have no problems finding a cover especially with the knowledgeable folks in this forums help when the time comes. It just irritated me and wanted to vent lol I do feel better now hehehehehe

clayfoushee
August 5th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Tony Branda makes a soft one (flannel lined) that fits like a glove. It's not water-resistant, but I throw a cheapo, generic, size small rain-proof over the top of it when caught out in the rain.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

gasman
August 5th, 2004, 06:38 PM
I bought my cover from Unique. As I recall, it was under 200 bucks and I had it the next day. Unique has them in stock. Ralph is right, California car covers does make a very nice cover. Eliminator recommended them also when I needed a cover. There is a big difference in water resistant and water proof. I would not put a water proof cover on my car.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

Master
August 6th, 2004, 06:31 AM
I PURCHASED ONE OF TONY BRANDA'S COVERS IT FITS GREAT AND SOFT AS A BABIES A$$.

Scott
SA 428
3:54

clayfoushee
August 6th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Steve, waterproof only goes on over the soft cover when it's raining lions and mastiffs.........try getting caught in one of those with a water "resistant" cover;).

You won't be saying "never" in that case:D!

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Tony Radford
August 6th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Maybe we ought to screw with that cover company. If a 20 or 30 Cobra guys were to email them with the same question and reference the pic on their websight, I'll bet they will either change the pic or change their position on making covers for snakes.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
Delicious example of Beauty + Power.