PDA

View Full Version : MY FIRST BUILD!

Mr. "T"
August 10th, 2004, 09:40 PM
HEY GUYS I COULD USE ALOT OF HELP AND ADVICE!!
BUILDING A COBRA HAS BEEN MY DREAM FOR A LONG TIME AND I HOPE TO GET STARTED SOON!
MY QUESTIONS ARE THESE:
ARE THERE ANY GOOD BOOKS TO HELP IN MY RESEARCH?
HOW DO I KEEP MY COBRA STREET LEGAL AND SMOGABLE IN CALIF.?
CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD COMPANY FOR MY ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION?
IS THERE ANYONE BUILDING IN THE SANTA CRUZ, CA. AREA?
IF SO WOULD YOU MIND A VISITOR?

THANKS GUYS, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

Mr."T"

pgermond
August 11th, 2004, 06:36 AM
T - are you planning on building a Unique, or..... ?

Here's a link to get you started on the CA registration process - http://www.cobratrader.com/registrationCA.html

There are a ton of engine builders out there... just depends on what you are looking for and where you are looking.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

scott
August 12th, 2004, 06:08 PM
go to the Ca dmv website it explains the smog /registration process for kit cars

Mr. "T"
August 14th, 2004, 07:59 AM
THANKS FOR THE RESPONCE!
YES I PLAN ON USING UNIQUE. I'VE BEEN DOING A LOT OF RESEARCH AND THERE ARE A TON OF COBRA BUILDERS OUT THERE. BUT UNIQUE HAS THE EXPERENCE AND THE BEST REPUTATION IN THE BUSINESS. HEY MAYBE I'LL BECOME A DEALER! ANYWAY, WITH THE STRICK CALIF. SMOG LAWS I WANT TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MOTOR. THE 427 IS MY DREAM ENGINE BUT CAN I GET IT SMOGED IN CA.?? IF I WENT WITH FUEL INJECTION INSTEAD OF CARBS WOULD THAT WORK BETTER WITH THE STATE? OR SHOULD I GO TO A SMALLER BLOCK WITH ENOUGHT KICK TO ENJOY THE RIDE? I GUESS I NEED TO CONTACT A ENGINE BUILDER THAT CAN ANSWER THESE TECH QUESTIONS, ANY NAMES, PHONE #'S, E-MAIL ADDRESS?? I BEEN READING SOME GOOD THINGS ABOUT A TRANSMISSION CO. CALLED TREMEC. ANY INFORMATION ON THEM OUT THERE??
THANKS GUYS REALLY APPREACATE ANY AND ALL THE HELP!!!

"Mr."T"

souzape
August 14th, 2004, 12:56 PM
If you go the SB 100 route it won't make any difference what engine you use. Phil S

pgermond
August 14th, 2004, 03:42 PM
T - read the link I posted up above. It tells you exactly what needs to be done and how to do it under SB 100.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)