PDA

View Full Version : inspection

DEANWILLIAMSJ
August 18th, 2004, 10:47 PM
could some one fill me and my wife in on what will have to be done to register the car for the road and how to choose insurance
And i read in the forum that they titled there car and it was 1966 i think they said how is year figured

Thanks guys and girls we can not wait to get started my wife has already bought that u-coat for the barn and carpet runners for the car to sit on, look forward to getting help from all of you and the weavers.
p.s. we are asking questions now because our internet will be down for a short while soon not sure when

Dean and Connie Jackson,Michigan [BB]406cu. top loader
427 cobra

ralphscott
August 19th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Dean, not living in MI I can't tell you the specifics, but here is what I went through in TN. When I got the car I also got paperwork from Jean Weaver Manifacture of Origin (I think that is what it is called). On there Jean noted the year of the car (1966). Once the car was completed (never completed, that is part of the fun:D)or to the point where it is road worthy. I took the paperwork to the County Clerk's office and applied for a title. I was asked how I wanted it registered make and model, the year was on the paperwork as was the VIN or your MFG # mine is 4279361. Got lucky and got the licence plate LILCBRA (Hence Lil' Cobra like the song) One of my friends about 10 years ago actually had a State Trooper come out and inspect his car. Did not happen in my case. As for the insurance. I got the car appraised first then talked with my local agent State Farm and compared their rates insuring the car for its appraised value (max loss) against others (specialty insurers) State Farm was better for me! I was amazed!

Dean one thing you may want think about is wheel dollys. I got a set of 4 from Harbor Freight for a little over $100 they really are useful in moving the car around in tight quarters and to move it sideways when you need more space. Just a suggestion. Hope this helps, but TN is TN.

Ralph

Mike Geddes
August 19th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Ralph....where is harbour frieght.?
I might just invest in a set of those dollies to move my car around
in the garage this winter. ( and winter ain't that far away.)
Mike

Mike Geddes

clayfoushee
August 19th, 2004, 09:20 AM
http://www.harborfreight.com/

Or Dillon, SC if you're heading down I-95S this winter.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (454-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Mike Geddes
August 19th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the link Clay.
No SC this winter.
I'll be starting out this winters trips with a little jaunt
to Mexico in September.
Cheers.....Mike

Mike Geddes

ralphscott
August 20th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Thanks Clay,

Mike they send out tons of catalouges check out the prices for what you want among the different cat. You will find that the prices vary from cat. to cat. I routinely do this comparison to find the lowest price. I just brought a 3/4" buffer motor for $59, in another of their cat, the same item was listed for $68. I guess it is like coupon clipping for guys!!

Ralph