PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ MR. WEAVER

COBRAGAR
August 26th, 2004, 05:24 PM
i'm still waiting on the new and improved emergency brake handle .

clayfoushee
August 26th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I won't say anything, except that the silence has been surprising. Just a word, that the supplier is holding us up and his butt has been kicked or something would be nice.

Guess I'll just have to make a phone call in a couple of days;).

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (454-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
August 26th, 2004, 06:49 PM
gar, i dont know what is in this new and improved brake handle. from installing the handle i have in my car, ill guess that its probably a plate that attaches to the orginal style e brake handle and a sandwich plate to go in the tunnel to distribute the pull load. that was all i did on mine in 2002 when i built my car.it was the only challenging thing for me during the entire build.(the challenge was to get it right the first time) it just takes some 1/4 aluminum plate and a couple hours fabricating, if youre up to it. later, brian.

Master
August 26th, 2004, 07:16 PM
I have talked to Alan about the Part in question. All parts are complete but one that needs to be laser cut and welded together. Sounds like it will be complete soon.

Scott
SA 428
3:54

clayfoushee
August 26th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Brian, you're right, but some of us don't have those type of fabricating skills. The older cars like mine didn't even have an e-brake, but a line lock, and mine has never worked, since I've had the car, despite much fiddling. I've just been hearing about this for a long time, and just was looking for a progress report.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
August 26th, 2004, 08:56 PM
clay, actually it doesnt take much at all. electric jigsaw,a 3/8 drill and a couple of bits, a file, and a 1/4 20 tap and a couple hours. if youve already got an original style handle, ship it up here to connecticut and ill fab it up for you, just for the fun of it. later, brian

clayfoushee
August 26th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Brian, I have no handle, no e-brake, just a line-lock that doesn't work, and never has. I do have e-brake calipers on my rear disks. Just waiting for a kit w/ cables that fits, and don't have the time or the knowledge to fabricate it myself. Lee Dahmer told me the kit was coming. That was a long time ago, just wondering when. I've been wheel chocking this puppy for too long.

But thanks for the offer.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
August 26th, 2004, 09:07 PM
clay, if the calipers are already there, youve got the hardest part done. if you get impatient, the offer is still good. later, brian

clayfoushee
August 26th, 2004, 09:11 PM
I know the hard part is done. But, OK, I'll take you up on it! Will pay good money! But don't have a handle as a template!

I have been waiting for this for many months.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
August 26th, 2004, 09:23 PM
clay, have maurice send me a handle. or get one from finishline, paula`s got my address. all i need to get paid for is the couple of bucks for the nuts and bolt.and a couple drinks at the top o the river next may. later, brian

KrAzEcJ
August 27th, 2004, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by brfutbrian

clay, have maurice send me a handle. or get one from finishline, paula`s got my address. all i need to get paid for is the couple of bucks for the nuts and bolt.and a couple drinks at the top o the river next may. later, brian

Top of the River, yummmmm

Unique 4279459

weaver
August 27th, 2004, 06:14 AM
I just called the guy making the changes and left him a message, I will post it when I have them. The guys we work with in this industry are making parts in small quantities so if you push them they usually tell you to take a hike, this guy makes several parts for us and is being held up by someone else so we don't want to rattle the cage too hard. If you can't wait let me know and I will send you a handle you can alter yourself.

Mr. Weaver

Brent
August 27th, 2004, 07:19 AM
:D:D:D " Mr. Weaver " :D:D:D

Brent
Candy Apple Red/White
402 FE/Toploader/3.54

weaver
August 27th, 2004, 07:57 AM
They call me Mr.Weaver

COBRAGAR
August 27th, 2004, 08:34 AM
no need to rattle a cage and as far as cutting the piece of metal thats been done there in place because it run for about 16 inches on the right side of the tunnel and another on floor its just that the handle is really tight up against the tunnel because of the angle .but with time i may add spacer that i will make and put it all together . for now i just enjoy the drive . thanks again guys

brfutbrian
August 27th, 2004, 10:59 AM
gar, youre on the right track. you do need two differnt sized spacers between the plate and the e brake handle so it wont hit the tunnel in the cockpit i think ive got an eighth inch on the rear hole in the handle and a quarter inch on the front hole. if you use more than that the cable lever in the tunnel will rub. its real tight but it`ll work. later,brian.

clayfoushee
August 27th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks Alan, I mean Mr. Weaver. I'll take that handle. Your explanation was all I needed to hear;).

Clay

Annapolis, MD

gasman
August 27th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Which one is Mister?

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

COBRAGAR
August 27th, 2004, 02:51 PM
BRAIN RIGHT NOW I,M DRIVING AS MUCH AS I CAN BUT THAT'S WHAT I HAVE IN MIND. THANK'S AGAIN