PDA

View Full Version : One last stupid question

BC
August 26th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Hi as some of you know i have arranged to buy a unique from a great guy in Indiana and we have arranged transport. Should there be papers of authenticity that come with the vehicle that depicts the car as a unique. I know there is the mounted plate but surely there is a serial number or something that can be verified.
Many thanks in advance
Definatley a newbie in Vancouver
Bruce

jhaynie
August 26th, 2004, 05:50 PM
I would think the Weavers could authenticate it. They know where most of their cars are. Give them a call.

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected

brfutbrian
August 26th, 2004, 06:22 PM
bruce, there a serial number on the chassis, on the drivers side framerail under the hood. that number will be on your certificate of origin (or whatever its called, MSO?) from unique. thats not be confused with the VIN number and VIN plate issued by the state it was originally titled in, if the car was legally registered. not a dumb question at all. later, brian

Poorboy
August 26th, 2004, 06:50 PM
A MSO is only issued to the original buyer. Some states keep it when they issue a title. The serial number is also on the rear kick up on the left side. Unique can with the serial number tell who it was built for.

brfutbrian
August 26th, 2004, 07:03 PM
my title has unique on it as the manufacturer(make). (connecticut)

clayfoushee
August 26th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Bruce,

You had e-mail hours ago! Yes, all the above is correct.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (454-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

BC
August 26th, 2004, 09:10 PM
As always guys thanks so much for all the great info, much appreciated. Sorry Clay had to leave the office right after i emailed you, many thanks as always!
Cheers
Bruce