PDA

View Full Version : Pedals for short people

Nneits
September 8th, 2004, 11:37 PM
I've seen lots of messages about how to make a car work for tall people, but what about us short guys? I'm only 5' 7", and I'm having trouble reaching the pedals. [:o)] I can move the seat forward, but them I'm closer to the steering wheel than I wanna be. (I like that long arm look...)

Any suggestions for moving the pedals back?

Ron

rdorman
September 9th, 2004, 05:39 AM
They are adjustable. Loosen the jam nut, turn the rod to where you want them! I moved mine so far that I had to get longer rods and I need to relocate the gas pedal mount!

Enjoy

Rick

Master
September 9th, 2004, 05:44 AM
make some spacers for your pedals and attach the aftermarket AC pedals to the spacer. Tony Branda has them for sale on his web site.
http://www.cobranda.com/

Scott
SA 428
3:54

pgermond
September 9th, 2004, 07:13 AM
I saw a car where a guy did exactly as Master said. You couldn't really tell unless you tried to get in the car. The other option is to put blocks on the pedal, but that would most likely look like s@#%.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

rdorman
September 9th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Personally, I won't put anything on unless it was welded.

A common and good setup for adjustable pedal height (so as not to mess up geometry) is to weld a threaded tube to the back of the pedal, weld a nut to the lever, thread in the pedal and use a jam nut to secure. Very common race car setup and works very well and costs basically nothing.

Rick

Nneits
September 9th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Good input! Thanks!

I tried to wedge my mighty shoulders into that footwell for a close inspection last night, and couldn't get in far enough. or maybe it was my fat a$$.

Anyway, I didn't see any adjustment rods, but maybe I loked right at it and didn't see it. Wouldn't be the first time. Kinda like the idea of the AC pedals too.

Hey Rick - When are you coming out for a beer? :-)

rdorman
September 13th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Take the steering wheel off. Easy to do and makes working in there much easier. There should be a jam nut where the push rods coming from the master cylinders meet that balance bar. Loosten the nut, turn the rods out evenly to raise the peddle. Leave enough thread in the balance bar assembly so they don't fall out!

Beer? If the Bucks end up in the Fiesta bowl this year I may very well take you up on the offer!

Rick