PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need rear hub units...

Russ Dickey
September 9th, 2004, 11:52 AM
My FIA is being repaired at a local shop (for the rear diff noises I mentioned a few weeks back), and one of the many bad things that they discovered was that my rear hub units were cracked (at the wheel side). Evidently, these cracked due to an improperly installed bushing.

With Alan and Maurice being at the car show this weekend, does anybody know where I can get these things in a hurry? I need them by early next week to complete the repairs. Also, can anybody tell me the exact Jag year and model range I am looking for with these rear end parts? I can start scowering the salvage places...

Thanks,

Russ

Unique 289FIA - Viking Blue

clayfoushee
September 9th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Russ, call Lee Dahmer(703)404-0663. He's a Unique builder in this area, but would have the info at his fingertips.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Russ Dickey
September 9th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Clay:
Thanks! Lee was awesome. He found the parts and called me back within 20 minutes. Now THAT'S good customer service.

Thanks again,

Russ

Russ Dickey
September 9th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Ouch! A remanufactured rear Jag hub costs almost $600!!! I seem to be able to find used ones in salvage yards for around $50, that will need all new bearings/bushings.

Can anybody tell me what year Jag hub I am looking for? Will one from a '90 XJS work???

Thanks,

Russ

jhaynie
September 10th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Good thing you found that before you went racing. Hate for a hub to split flying down the track.

JOhn

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected