PDA

View Full Version : AMP Jag rear ends

Russ Dickey
September 9th, 2004, 04:53 PM
While searching for used rear Jag hubs, I stumbled across this aftermarket unit from Accurate Machine Products:

http://www.kitcar.com/amp/home.html

This thing looks pretty beefy. Anybody have any experience with them or know someone who has???

Russ

Unique 289FIA - Viking Blue

clayfoushee
September 9th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Russ, I'd again suggest you talk to Lee for the specific Unique issues and the Jag rear-end they use. There may be half-shaft length issues I don't know about, etc.

With regard to the AMP set-up, I've never seen a Unique converted to out-board rear brakes, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Obviously, you'd have to come up with some different chassis mounting points. Sounds like a significant re-engineering project to me.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Russ Dickey
September 9th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Clay:
I really liked Lee and will definitely be a customer of his in the future. And by no means can I afford this AMP set-up right now (hell, I'm trying to find junkyard rear hubs as it is!), I just thought it was damn cool and might be a neat future project.

However, it may also be completely unnecessary. If some of you guys are running the Unique set-up with massive HP big-blocks, then obviously they (the Unique Jag rears) are plenty strong.

Russ

Unique 289FIA - Viking Blue

KrAzEcJ
September 9th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Russ, Clay, have you guys ever looked at this site? You wouldnt believe some of the rearends they have.
I would hate to even ask the price of these things. http://www.geocities.com/~concourswest/index.html
I like the Cobra tiebar, 3rd one down.

Unique 4279459http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/KrAzEcJ/tiebars.jpg

clayfoushee
September 9th, 2004, 09:34 PM
The Jag rear-ends installed in Uniques are plenty strong and can handle up to 600 ft lbs. of torque or so I've been told, as long as you have the reinforcing plate on the bottom of the "meatball" housing.

Russ, again, Lee is very good about giving advice over the phone whether you're doing business with him or not. I was just suggesting him as an emergency since the Weavers are out of pocket this weekend.

I AM NOT in any way either an expert or a good wrench-turner. I've just been around for awhile and (perhaps) a good accumulator of info. and resources.

(YOUR RESIDENT HISTORIAN)

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

spd4me
September 13th, 2004, 07:10 AM
russ
I bought some front hubs once from a place called Terry's Jaguar Parts. www.jerrysjag.com talk to Dave 1-800-851-9438 he's in IL

eliminator
September 13th, 2004, 07:55 AM
The links are pretty, BUT you cant use them on a Unique because that is where the rear brace mounts with the two square bars that go to the rear frame section. If you could mount the link you cant see it unless you lay on the ground:D:D.

Rick