PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Unique Cobra Fundraiser

clayfoushee
September 25th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Ok guys, it's fall again and even though Patrick says everything's fine and running well, I think it's time to raise some money. If he doesn't need it for anything else, heck, he might even deserve to go buy himself a nice present. He does a lot of work here that you guys don't even see.

I'm willing to be the point person for this. So I would suggest the following:

1) Think about contributing SOMETHING, whatever you feel comfortable with and make the check out to PATRICK BROWN.

2) You can get an idea of what people contributed last year by clicking on the "ABOUT" button at the very top of the page and then under that "Friends of Unique Cobra."

3) Send it to me at:

Clay Foushee
229 Cape Saint John Rd.
Annapolis, MD 21401

4) I will harrass people from time to time, and you know I can do it:D

5) Include your Uniquecobra "call sign" on the check.

I will collect the checks for some period of time, and forward them directly to him.

PATRICK.............NO SQUAWKING ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!;)

I will publish the names (NOT AMOUNTS) of everyone who's contributed here on this thread. I don't care if it's $1 or $200. It's the thought that counts;)

Thanks, in advance, for your support!

CHECKS RECEIVED THUS FAR:

DMILLER

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

KrAzEcJ
September 25th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Check is no problem Clay but if you or Patrick has paypal its just a click away. (meaning quick)

Unique 4279459

clayfoushee
September 26th, 2004, 07:41 AM
CJ,

Thanks, but I'd rather just keep it simple in this case with paper checks made out to PATRICK. I can keep track of it better the old-fashioned way.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

patrija
September 26th, 2004, 11:57 AM
It looks like Patrick has PayPal setup on the "Contribute to UniqueCobra.com" ....

clayfoushee
September 26th, 2004, 12:10 PM
I didn't realize that. If most people prefer, we can certainly just handle it that way. But, I was trying to take it entirely out of his hands, and "surprise" him with a nice sum for his efforts.

In some sense, it was a bit about marketing the way Turk did it for Brent on CC.

What do others think?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

nolastyankee
September 27th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Clay,
Given the electronic nature of this forum, I would think that Paypal would be a natural. Speaking for myself, I would prefer this method and would be happy to route to you or Patrick, your choice.

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

pgermond
September 27th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Sorry Clay, I've been out of town for a few days and just caught wind of this. Pay Pal, check, whatever....... I'll put a check in the mail to you (pay to the order of - Patrick Brown, of course) tomorrow.

I tried to get this ball rolling awhile back, but Patrick but the kibosh on it saying the system was doing fine (remember last year when it was down for days?!? :(), so I didn't push it. He still doesn't have a Unique, so maybe this will help with some options when he gets ready.

Good for you for taking the lead [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pgermond
September 27th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Okay, the check is in the mail, but Clay..... I have a question. You're not going to turn in to Turk, are you? You seem to be to nice of a guy.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
September 27th, 2004, 09:46 PM
No,I'll never be Turk...not in my genes, but actually, he's a very decent guy....just doesn't come across that way sometimes.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

pgermond
September 28th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Clay,

Too late, it is in the mail. Hopefully, others will realize the value of this site, the behind the scenes work that goes into keeping it running, and will make the right decision.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)