PDA

View Full Version : River City SAAC

pgermond
October 6th, 2004, 09:33 PM
The RC-SAAC has an annual (for fun) car show, which was held this evening at Brookfields. Nothing serious, just a get together to share ideas and horror stories. There was a good turn out, mostly due to the change in weather. Superformance and ERA were the majortity. Others represented were Unique (of course), West Coast, B&B, and one original 427.

I had planned on posting some photos but the piture quality on my camera was set for high quality and the files are to large to upload :([8]:(

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pbrown
October 6th, 2004, 11:19 PM
The software that came with your camera should let you resize the photos. This is a common feature so that the files are sized right for email attachments.

--Patrick

Patrick
---------------------------------------------
17K in the Cobra fund - I'm getting closer.

gasman
October 7th, 2004, 05:44 AM
I heard Adobe Photoshop has a new program offered free on their website that is designed for archiving photos. Patrick, I thought of you when I heard about this. I didn't know if that was something that might be good for this site.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

pgermond
October 7th, 2004, 06:59 AM
I just blew it (edit <below> must have been [|)]) - the resolution was changed and I didn't notice.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

pbrown
October 7th, 2004, 10:59 AM
I did some digging on Adobe's website. I didn't see any free products that will resize photos.

--Patrick

Patrick
17K in the Cobra fund - I'm getting closer.

clayfoushee
October 7th, 2004, 05:28 PM
I didn't either.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

gasman
October 7th, 2004, 08:14 PM
The report of free Adobe software for archiving photos was on XM radio yesterday. I don't see it either. I'll let you know if I see or hear anything more about it.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

pbrown
October 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Gasman - I think they were talking about Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 Starter Edition. It is free but doesn't have a photo resize function.

Patrick
17.5K in the Cobra fund - I'm getting closer.

pgermond
October 7th, 2004, 09:07 PM
If you guys come up w/something, I sure would like to now about it. I have a ton of early photos of my project that I shot prior to figuring out there was a choice w/resolution.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE

Roseville (N.Cal)

pbrown
October 7th, 2004, 09:22 PM
What is the make and model of your camera?

Patrick
17.5K in the Cobra fund - I'm getting closer.

clayfoushee
October 7th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah, the starter edition of Adobe Photoshop is completely worthless. It's just a way to get you sucked in to the whole suite, which isn't cheap. Adobe never gives away anything free. It's good stuff, but very pricey.

I have it on my Mac, but now primarily using a PC laptop. I haven't been able to make myself spring for the whole thing at almost $500. And, I'm also having picture posting issues from this new machine. The Mac w/ photoshop is no problem, but all my new stuff is over here.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

ralphscott
October 8th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Phil could you scan the print versions of your pics and post them?

Ralph

Jerry Cowing
February 22nd, 2005, 10:37 AM
Phjil,

Another way to easily reduce the file size of your pictures is to use the automatic feature in Windows. Just right click on the picture, scroll down the drop down menu to "Send To", then left click on "Mail Recipient" and it will ask if you want to "Make all my pictures smaller" or keep the original size, just select the reduction and presto. In the reduction box, if you also click on the "Show more options" it will let you select how much of a reduction you get (small, medium or large).

Jer

Naumoff
February 22nd, 2005, 03:09 PM
Jerry, Phil

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Naumoff/redunique.jpg

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Naumoff/editboss429.JPG

Phil try this. I can't get jerry's way to work for me.
Just testing.In Quick reply I clicked Add Attachment and click browse and My Pictures comes up. I had to right click picture, then click edit then click image, click stretch/skew it has two boxes with 100% I reduce the number (example 50% in both)to reduce the size of the picture. Double click picture to get it to pop into the web attachment box and keep checking it to see if it will upload to web sight. I save edited picture by clicking on file and save as so I don't loose the original. Unique cobra is from CC website and the Boss 429 is a photo I reduced from a picture I took at Carlisle. Is your way in the My Pictures? I'll look again. Sounds easier.
Tony

Unique 427 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

Naumoff
February 22nd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Jerry,
I found it. How do you save it so that you can upload it to the website.
Tony

Unique 427 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS