PDA

View Full Version : FIA Scoop insert

Russ Dickey
October 21st, 2004, 12:30 PM
I suffer from "Butch Capps FIA" envy, and I recently noticed (in Juan's pictures) one more thing on his car that I feel is a "must have" for my car: the FIA hood scoop insert. You guys know the one I'm talking about, it has the little holes in it.

I'm always striving to make my car look more "period correct", and am wondering if this insert is something that I can buy or do I have to fabricate it? Then, after that, how do I mount it in the existing hood scoop???

Thanks!

Russ

Unique 289FIA - Viking Blue

ralphscott
October 21st, 2004, 02:36 PM
Russ, Butch made that you can call him at 865.524.4800. He also made the brake duct scoops.

Ralph

nolastyankee
October 22nd, 2004, 05:29 AM
Russ,
I have never seen the 289 hood scoop inserts for sale, likely because all the scoop sizes on different makes are different. Not to mention that this is a not a high demand item. We will make ours out of sheet aluminum stock and mount into the scoop using bonded in brackets. Like the side louvers, this is not a structural piece and bonded in brackets should hold just fine.

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

dmiller
October 22nd, 2004, 06:39 AM
will someone post a picture of the "scoop". i don't know what it is, and once i know what it is, will probably be something i need to have.

thanks

doug

Russ Dickey
October 22nd, 2004, 06:49 AM
I couldn't find a detailed close-up of the one on Butch's car, but I found this one on Lynn Park's original FIA car:

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/Russ Dickey/LParkFIA.jpg

Unique 289FIA - Viking Blue

dmiller
October 22nd, 2004, 07:03 AM
thank you, that looks really nice

doug

ralphscott
October 22nd, 2004, 02:22 PM
Rick did you call Butch? The number I gave you is is work number 8-5 EST?

Ralph