PDA

View Full Version : my engine is ok

Rick
October 25th, 2004, 05:48 PM
ok just to let everyone know my engine is ok. Dan At dutton performance. pulled the mains caps and rod caps everything is fine. Now to the dyno for tuning Dan is also doing that. As i have said before Dutton performace is ok in my book.

Ricky A. Carter

K.Wilson
October 26th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Rick,
Glad to hear your engine is okay. Are you going to prime the system manualy to test it prior to starting it?
Keith

gasman
October 26th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Rick, I for one, know how relieved you must be. Glad it worked out.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

Brent
October 27th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Rick,

Great news! Post the dyno numbers for us when you get a chance.

Steve,

Have you driven the new powerplant yet?

Brent
Candy Apple Red/White
402 FE/Toploader/3.54

gasman
October 27th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Brent, I can't wait for you to see this car! It is a very different car than what I brought to homecoming. I haven't driven it yet. Still trying to finish up minor details, some of which you know about. I want to get ALL of the bugs out of it NOW not later.

You probably recall the two 1/4" spacers on top of the right rear shock tower. We pulled those out today and are alligning the suspension and ride height.

Re-routing the master cylinder lines turned out to be more work than expected, but it sure looks nice. The only area I'm concerned about is the flex line coming off the clutch slave cylinder. It is only 2" off the far aft header tube. Did you install a heat shield here?
I sent the car to the interior shop today to redo the carpet on the drivers side and the tunnel since the lines were re-routed inside the car.

We went with the McLeod clutch and pressure plate and I also took Rick's advice on the new starter.

The SA stainless tank also took a little time to do with the third line.

I should be done before the end of next week.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

Brent
October 28th, 2004, 04:49 AM
WOW!!

You were not kidding when you said you were going to do this were you!

I have a hydraulic throwout bearing and my line is about 18" away from the rear header tube, and yes, it is insulated anyway. [8D]

I look forward to seeing it.

May is too far away.

Brent
Candy Apple Red/White
402 FE/Toploader/3.54

ralphscott
October 28th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Brent took the words right out of my mouth.

Ralph

will butterworth
November 1st, 2004, 10:12 AM
been out to see the shop, about five miles , talked to dan and mech., all fine folks, nice shop, saw some beautiful engines. They know performance engines and how to get the horses out of one. Will