PDA

View Full Version : Starter Jumper wire

Master
October 26th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I have been told that a jumper wire is run between the ST8 Ford solenoid and the Mini high torque starter. But where? I am installing my Battery cables this week and would like to finish the starter also. Also the fusable link where is the best location for it. I am assuming that the connection between the ford solenoid and the Mini starter is the location for that?

Scott
SA 428
3:54

pgermond
October 26th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Master,

I can't help you with the jumper wire you refer to, however.... I installed my fuseable link between the amp meter and the solenoid (at the solenoid - #27, Red/white wire).

If you are using an MSD box there is some wiring that needs to be done that isn't in the the ProDesign manual. I have a word file I can e-mail if you are interested with my notes from a conversation I had with Alan where he walked me through it.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

brfutbrian
October 26th, 2004, 08:02 PM
scott, the jumper goes on the starter if your using a ford solenoid. it goes from the large terminal on the starter to the solenoid terminal on the starter. the jumper is only about an inch long. for the money that a mini starter costs, you would think it come with it. later, brian.