View Full Version : Any truth?

TurnpikeBoy
November 3rd, 2004, 08:04 AM
...to the rumor on another website (ok, Club Cobra...)that Unique Motorcars is associated with Unique Performance?

If so, what does Unique Performance do/offer?

Yeehah

Mike Geddes
November 3rd, 2004, 09:16 AM
Roger.
Unique Performance is in Texas and is producing a look-alike of the
'Eleanor' GT-500 Mustang that was featured in the movie
'Gone In 60 Seconds'
They are using old 1967 Mustang Fastbacks as the basis for the
re-build. You can get them in two colour schemes...as per the Movie
..kinda silvery with dark stripes, or reversed colours.

I don't think Unique in Gadsden is affiliated with them....or
maybe Allan is not telling us something.
( I wonder if his Mom knows.???)
Mike

Mike Geddes

Poorboy
November 3rd, 2004, 10:30 AM
No, Unique Motorcars of Gadsden, Alabama is not in any way connected to Unique Performance.

Aggressor
November 3rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Unique Performance was using the name Unique Motorcars when they first started to produce the Elenor GT500E. I stumbled upon their website one day while doing a web search on "Unique Motorcars". Last week the "Rides" TV show on TLC did a story on the Unique Performance shop. That's the first time I noticed there was a name change. I wondered as I watched the show if the Weaver's had anything to do with the change.

weaver
November 4th, 2004, 05:52 AM
We did have something to do with the name change and some of their buisness practices. I think I will leave it at that.

Alan

bomelia
November 4th, 2004, 07:02 AM
I saw that show too and was wondering the same thing! Thanks for bringing it up.

Alan, perhaps you could get one of these shows to film you??

Mike

gasman
November 4th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Mike, and maybe we could get Woody Harrelson to star in it. :D

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

will butterworth
November 4th, 2004, 12:47 PM
saw some unique performance cars and eng. in tulsa a while back-redoing mustang 350,s and 500,s, and saw one of their cobras along with richard dunn , richard touched the thing and almost had a conflagration with the old man and woman from texas that owned it, were they proud of it.Ole shel is at it again.Alabama

Aggressor
November 4th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Woody Harrelson ?????????
How about Bruce Willis? But then you need someone equally cool to star as Maurice ?

gasman
November 6th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Woody Harrelson - private joke, goes back to a previous post on another site, get Mike to explain.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389