PDA

View Full Version : Backdraft - No comparison

Aggressor
November 7th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Last Saturday I had the opportunity to park next to a Backdraft vehicle at a local cruise-in. The Backdraft was very nicely finished and had a basic good appearance. The cars were perfectly aligned from a side view and the differences were many. Front, Back, and 3/4 view only deepened the difference. The Backdraft just did not have "the Look". A droopy elongated nose, huge front wheel flairs, short perky chopped tail, and bolt upright windscreen were only a few of the differences which equated to a most incorrect Cobra look.

All I gotta say is - I love my droop-ass car.

-Aggressor

brfutbrian
November 8th, 2004, 05:16 AM
not to mention the interior. i saw one at a large regional mustang show here last year. (i wont bother to tell you who got the best replica trophy out of 15+ cobra replicas). im so glad i bought a unique. later brian

KrAzEcJ
November 8th, 2004, 07:29 AM
What was wrong with the interior Brian? Are they just not finished out nicely or just low quality? I have never seen one.

Unique 4279459

will butterworth
November 8th, 2004, 07:57 AM
looked at sev. yesterday, ff , yep ,just ain,t right.Had over 800 at lineville yester. Could not see them all, gave out, a little of everything.Who is going to the dscc this weekend in ocala?I can,t go. went last yr. had gr. time,have over 100 cobra,s easy this yr.Anybody watching aub, -ga. game this week?Tigers up by two td,s--dawgs already sending red flares acropss stateline.Will go home with a lilly in their hands. Alabama

brfutbrian
November 8th, 2004, 08:05 AM
cj, it just didnt look that good.cant remember exactly. when you see one, youll understand.later, brian.

Aggressor
November 8th, 2004, 09:06 AM
CJ & Brian,
The interior I saw was fairly nice. I don't know what time and expense the owner may have invested in getting it to that state after delivery. But here again it's just not a Unique.

Stay sport-minded
Geary

jhaynie
November 10th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Be careful guys. You'll all get flamed on CC, just ask Clay.

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected

clayfoushee
November 10th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Nah, that's only if you ask anything about what DV does with all the money that comes in for Spring Fling.........now that's an interesting story, but so many people like Kool-Aid.:D

BTW, I put a used pair of BDR seats in my Unique. Sorry Alan and Maurice but they're a lot more comfortable for my aging arthritic back.;)

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

KrAzEcJ
November 10th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Clay ain't skeered! lol I was just curious cause I have never seen one in up close only pictures. Oh and Clay for your back I have Grandma's home remedy for that and it will help. Take a quart mason jar and fill with "white" not the regular raisins and then fill to the top with a good Gin. Close it up and put in the pantry for a few weeks. When ever you have aches and pains take you 3 or 4 tablespoons of raisins and pain will all be gone. *if not eat a few more spoonfuls* ROFL

Unique 4279459

clayfoushee
November 10th, 2004, 08:24 PM
CJ....that remedy (OR SIMILAR) does work, but I do still have to get up in the morning. Gotta pay for all these blood-sucking machines.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
November 10th, 2004, 08:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by jhaynie

Be careful guys. You'll all get flamed on CC, just ask Clay.

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected

john, theyre busy right now flaming someone with a BDR. but theres always hope for tommorrow. later, brian

clayfoushee
November 10th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Actually Brian, you're wrong in this one case. The flamers are getting flamed by the best. And the flamers are the usual Shelby A-holes, and other kool-aid drinkers.

But, I have to agree with Aggressor, I love my droop-a$$ed car.;) But, there's always room for improvement for whatever suits the owner best.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
November 11th, 2004, 09:34 AM
clay, the point was theres plenty of flaming already going on. whos flaming who is really of little matter to me.its probably up to 7 or 8 pages by now. way too much ego over there for me. later brian

clayfoushee
November 11th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Brian, I totally agree, I do enjoy the discussions over there, but I also hate the flaming.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

rdorman
November 11th, 2004, 10:49 AM
I never spent much time looking at the BDR. I took a quick glance at one at the Fling and as I recall, wasn't very impressed with what I saw. I just recall some sloppy welding and what seemed to me to be a rather weak structure. Again, I did not give one a serious look so my initial impression may be way off. They seem to offer a lot for the money which always brings out the sceptic in me. Good concept though. I think I would much rather have a BMW suspension than a Mustang one!

I do have to agree on the droop a$$. Over the rear on my car seems much lower than many and I like it! I think the rear view is much more appealing on my Unique.