PDA

View Full Version : Plug wires

Brent
November 16th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Does anyone have their plug wires run UNDER the headers on a Big Block and have any pics they would share? [8D]

Thanks!

Brent
Candy Apple Red/White
402 FE/Toploader/3.54

pgermond
November 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Huh? Under the headers. That's an interesting question - I've never heard of such a thing. Has that been done before?

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Brent
November 17th, 2004, 04:30 AM
I always ran them under the headers on the race car. When you go to pull a valve cover they don't need to be removed and they stay out of the way for running valves etc.

The only visible wires in the engine compartment are the plug wires and they are ugly.

I figured someone had them this way and I was curious about fit with the down leg headers and which boot style they used with the plug configuration on the FE head.

Thanks

Brent
Candy Apple Red/White
402 FE/Toploader/3.54

rdorman
November 17th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Hey Brent, you should get some of those plug wires that light up as they fire. That would really dress them up;)
Rick

Brent
November 17th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Can I just borrow yours for now to see if I like them [?] :D:D

Brent
Candy Apple Red/White
402 FE/Toploader/3.54

rdorman
November 17th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Sure, color preference? LOL

I have always wondered what I Cobra would turn out like if say we gave one to the ricer, low rider, rapper, etc community. Could be very entertaining to see how they turn out!

I don't run them under. I just arrange them nice and neat and number them. But, I have seen plenty of setups that do. They usually have something like a billet 'loom' that they run them through which to me looks worse than them running over the top. I just buy black ones and spray them down with something shiny.

Rick

ralphscott
November 17th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Brent I like the idea. Let me know if you do it or rather when you do it.:D

Ralph

will butterworth
November 18th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Brent, plug wires are ugly, have to cut them to fit, run with plenty of loop down from dist. in fr. of heads, put heat resistant socks on , plugupward, there a new word, can be done, don,t see too often.Just dropped new msd dist. ch. iron gear to steel, into 302,has ig. mod. built in, man i cleaned up some ugly wirirng, only have coil beside dist., set of msd wires to install and route tonight. Try to get it looking half as good as Brents and Ricks looks. Never saw wiring that pretty.I think he is going to do it Ralph. I saw a chevy eng. 454 done that way at cruising th. coast in oct. guy from texas, chevelle, cleanest eng. comp. i have seen , no wires, all hidden.Thanksgiving is coming up ,now everybody be sure to eat your fruit so you can stay regular. Glad to be of help-thank you.Hear no aub. -al. ftball chat, man gov. is about to call out the guard ,if we have any. Folks siding up , parting the waters, tough talking every where in these parts. Will-alabama