PDA

View Full Version : Dog proof

pgermond
November 16th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not, but our 5-mo old lab has most of her adult teeth now, and I'm not taking any chances on finding out if she like fiberglass! She didn't bother it when it was on the ground, but now I have it up on stands for some winter projects and it looks awful tempting at this height.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/PB160080.JPG

I am afraid she is just resting up so when I'm gone she can chew on a fender or...?! Has anyone experienced anything similar?

http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/pgermond/P1010036.JPG

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

clayfoushee
November 16th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Smart guy Phil....and cute dog too!

But, I have another idea...just start it up a few times with the pup in the garage, and he/she won't go near it:D. My German Shepherd won't go near it.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

ralphscott
November 17th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Phil my daughter has two big labs. When they went through their chewing stage anything was fair game. Tabasco and Texas Pete helped. Good move. How do keep your pup from jumping up on the side of the Cobra when you drive up 'cause she is so glad to see you. We have to do a call ahead when we visit in Lil Cobra for a dog round-up not just for the finish but also so the dogs don't get burnt. They are not inclined to jump-up when we visit in our other cars I guess since we are so low to the ground and so accessible they greet us in the normal way.

Ralph

will butterworth
November 17th, 2004, 01:01 PM
had a dog chew bot. of driv. side door a few weeks ago ,don,t know why, and a dog climbed up on buick park ave. to check out the new wash job, scratched stew out of hood of buick, hed to send mustang to body shop for repair where dog chewed it. Keep cobra in basement covered, no animals allowed near it, at no time, been a long time since we had dogs pull stunt like these incidents. Will-alabama.

jhaynie
November 18th, 2004, 07:45 AM
My lab ate the wiring out of all three boat trailers I had in my driveway. I have the "invisible fencing" shock collar thing to keep them in the yard. I made a loop around my Cobra with the fencing wire so if they get to close, ZAP!

The only other way to dog proof it is with a gun.

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
351W Fuel Injected

will butterworth
November 18th, 2004, 10:09 AM
feist climbed up in eng. compart. of 92 chev. pic-up chewed wiring off around distributor disabled the thing cyrus drove old 77 tr. back to school for a week , think a rat-mouse crawled up there. Will-alabama