View Full Version : registeration and inspection

olblu66
November 18th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Well after 2 hrs. at lawrenceville dmv to find out what i need to do when i receave my cobra. Was told i needen to toe the car to Hall county to have a salvage inspection done. I tried to explain that its not a salvage vehicle but a complete turnkey by Unique Motorcars with vin number...insurance....and a bill of sales. He checked something,came back and said ( YEP THATS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.)Man my nerves are shoot. Now i've talked to several cobra owners who said they just went to the SHERFFS office to hay in inspected and off to get there taggs with no problems.Was theres brand new are bought used? Any help for me. thanks

brfutbrian
November 18th, 2004, 03:27 PM
olblu66, relax , its probably not a big deal. in connecticut, for an untitlted composite car, the inspection is exactly like a salvage inspection. including a stop at the anti theft unit to check drivetrian serial #s by way of NCIC database to ensure they were bought legally and not stolen. on a previously registered and titled composite vehicle (used), there is no inspection reqired and you go straight to the registration line. dont know if its like that where you are ,but thats how its handled here. later, brian

gasman
November 18th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Ole blue, Don't sweat this, it is a piece of cake. I had to have the same thing done. In Georgia, the car is considered a rebuild. The guy that will come out to inspect your car has seen a dozen Unique cars and loves them. You will get a temporary registration form until the inspection and shortly thereafter your will receive your permanent title. The neat thing is, these 1965 cars ain't worth much and the advolurum tax is cheap as such.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

pgermond
November 18th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Ole blue,

You want frustration registering a vehicle? Try California. Just do what they ask, breath through your nose, and it will be over soon.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

dmiller
November 19th, 2004, 12:14 AM
in louisiana, you can't breathe, and it want be over soon.

but, the standards are easy, just paper and BS, to overcome

doug