PDA

View Full Version : 3

keithlang
December 17th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Alan,

Just wondered what you thought of the movie?

Keith

You can't steal 2nd base and keep one foot on 1st........

weaver
December 19th, 2004, 12:20 PM
I enjoyed the movie, as you know I knew Dale Earhardt and had the pleasure of talking to him several times, he was a really down to earth guy who would do anything to help someone in need. He took time with his fans and helped with several charities, Nascar needs more drivers like him. Maurice and I were lucky enough to be invited to celebrate his 6th Championship with him in victory lane at Atlanta Motor speedway and I have about 2 hrs of video footage, that was one hell of a party. The funny thing was he wanted to end the celebration early to fly to New Mexico with several friends and go deer hunting, I think that was his second love. Back to your question, I thought it was a pretty acurate movie and would watch it again.

Alan

chill
December 19th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Hey guys. The airing on ESPNHD was a must-see. Have to admit, though, the end is still difficult to get through without being affected, especially listening to DW just after the crash. I have just gotten the DVD for my B-day and look forward to watching the additonal features about Dale.

chill

Unique 289FIA
Southern 396 Stroker

eliminator
December 20th, 2004, 02:48 PM
It kinda hit the high points, could have been a little longer to cover other aspects of his life. He turned out to be a good business man and that was skipped over. Nothing about the forming of DEI.
In our industry we miss him as he could tell the media what he though about hunting and gun's and if they didn't like it they could kiss his a$$:D. He was a big enough star and could tell NASCAR what he didn't like about the sport and what he did like.

Rick