PDA

View Full Version : Winter in Arizona

clinck
December 26th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Guys,
Hope everybody had a great Christmas and got all the little toys that they asked Santa for. I got a cool Hurst shifter for the GT k code coupe.
The weather is spectacular this time of year. This is when us Arizonians get to cruise in 70 degree weather with blue sky overhead.
Her's a shot of the boys on the tarmac. Hmmm, wonder who's getting exercised today?
http://cars.fruzzetti.org:8080/gallery/categories/Classic_K_Mustangs/sundown/media/GTCoupeandCobra003.jpg

Sundown

clayfoushee
December 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Chris,

Welcome back.......where've you been?

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

pgermond
December 26th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah, where have you been hiding out? Decisions, decisions..... maybe shared the day w/both?

Love your weather (this time of year);)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

gasman
December 26th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Sundown, Welcome back. It goes without saying the Cobra is a beauty but Man, that Mustang is killer. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Steve Foushee
Unique #4279389

clinck
December 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Well, I've been reading posts and stuff but haven't putmy two cents in recently.
The Cobra was in the[my]garage for a few months with a tummy ache. I recently trailered her to my mechanic's for a doctor visit. We spent all day on intake/carb issues. Put her on the Chassis Dyno at the end of the day. These guys were amazed at the HP output of this 351W stroker. Rear wheel horses= 325. figure a 40% parasitic loss and she's making 500 hp at the fly wheel at 6200 RPM. Torque was way over 600 lbs.at 5200 RPMS. What a frickin monster. I was advised not to run anymore 91 no lead octane without a healthy shot of 110 racing leaded fuel. My fuel bills are going thru the roof now. He wants no less than 30% 110 octane otherwise we are gonna have a come to Jesus meeting with the pistons.

The K code coupe has been getting more attention lately than the Cobra. This is a car that I bought from a collector in Atlanta. I know this is a Cobra site but It does have the 289 Cobra motor in it....

I took a ride yesterday in the Cobra out in the Country. I went alone. Carolyn asked to go along but I told her that there were some trips that I would make alone. He He He!! I wanted to just cruise and not have conversation with anyone. Just me and my little Cobra. I obeyed the speed limit the whole trip which was about 50 miles round trip. [mostly 50 mph] There's a bunch of twists, turns and switchbacks on this particular road. The signs are posted at 25 mph[recommended] for most of the turns. I obeyed the speed limit to the letter and drove all those turns at 50 mph[:P]:D[}:)]

Sundown

weaver
December 27th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Have you hooked up with CJ since he has been working in Scotsdale, I know he would love to go for a ride.

Alan

clinck
December 27th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Alan, I have been away for awhile. I didn't know CJ was here in AZ. Have him give me a call 1-480-471-0992 home
Cell is 1-602-758-6311
Would love to show him some AZ hospitality

Sundown