PDA

View Full Version : Harness And Lap Belt.

Pete W
February 13th, 2005, 05:25 PM
I want to replace my 12 year old harnesses and lap belts. Does anybody know the Simpson part # for the 3 inch "Y" harness and lap belts (standard latch no cam lock) ? I checked Simpsons website but can only find them in platinum with part # 2960P(I want black).

pgermond
February 13th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Pete,

Is this what you are looking for? SIM-29110BK

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=simpson&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp

edit - opps, never mind - cam lock

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

COBRAGAR
February 14th, 2005, 12:39 PM
pete , i believe you are looking for simpson # 29070 hope this helps

Pete W
February 14th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Santiago, That is the part # that the Unique online assembly manual calls for as well, however when I plug it in at the Simpson website it claims "no product found" Guess I'll have to give them a call, Thanks, I'll let you know how I make out

Pete W
February 14th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Mystery solved....Simpson part # 29070 no longer produced because the "Y" harness is no longer SFI approved , this according to Simpson.

The good news is Unique has replacement belts from a company called "Crow". Nice looking belts and I'll be ordering mine tomorrow

COBRAGAR
February 15th, 2005, 05:26 AM
PETE I'M USING THE CROW BELTS UNIQUE SALES.BUT YOU MIGHT TRY BEHRENT RACING THEY HAVE THE SIMPSON # ON THERE WEB SITE ALSO I WOULD TRY SUMMIT RACING IT'S ALSO IN THERE CATALOG I GET AT HOME .GOOD LUCK