PDA

View Full Version : FIA options.

Justin Upchurch
February 15th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Hi,
I am new to this forum, and was turned onto Unique by their reputation and value. Like many others I am trying to decide between the FIA version of the Unique and the ERA. I have not seen either in person, but my goal is to see both over the next thirty days and make a decision.
This brings up some questions I have about the two cars. For one, does Unique offer the 289 street car dashboard layout like the ERA? Second, Is the aluminum cowling around the radiator standard or an option? Also, I have a question about the chassis. Can anyone tell me the advantage of 2X4 tube frame of the Unique vs the 3X4 of the ERA? I will be using the car for cruising, dragracing, Auto X and track days at Texas Motorsports Ranch and TWS so the best handling car and weight are important to me.
Last of all is anyone aware of a FIA or 427 by Unique that I could look at in the Houston area?

Justin

pgermond
February 15th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Huston........ you have an opportunity [8D]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

eliminator
February 16th, 2005, 05:35 AM
The FIA dash can be of several layouts, check with Maurice or Alan at Unique for the various ones.
The Aluminum in the nose area, oil cooler duct, and fan area is extra. Looks good and not too expensive.
The Unique frame is very strong, there are several cars out there that were involved in major crashes with no damage to the frame[^]. One was a head on crash at a track event into a barrier[:O]. The other was the car that Alan Weaver flipped at Charlotte Motor Speedway during a track event. In looking at a ERA recently I dont recall the entire frame being 3X4, if so why, 2X4 box steel is more than adequate.

Rick