PDA

View Full Version : Heater Installation

Gerry
February 20th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Since it is cold in Chicago and I want to be ready for spring, I thought I would tackle the heater install today. As ususal, I have some questions.

The instructions that came with the heater indicate to "(drill)...two 2-inch holes ... forward of the heater assembly", however the template illustrates a 2-inch hole and a 1-inch hole. Which is correct?

The kit came with a 2-3/4 inch diameter heater hose and a 2 inch diameter heater hose. Could someone provide the location and attachment method for these hoses? As always, pictures are worth a thousand words.

Since the body is on the car and the defrost slots were not cut, I may not bother with the defroster, however in the event that I decide to include the defroster, where does one obtain the defroster horns?

Thanks
Gerry

Brent
February 20th, 2005, 10:35 AM
If you click on the search tab you can type "heater" in teh search engine and get 4 pages of posts to look through. They may help you find something.

Good luck

Brent
427 SC Chassis #4279401
Candy Apple Red/White
402 FE/Toploader/3.54

GeorgiaSnake
February 20th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Gerry mine came with the defroster horn but I didn't install defrosters. I may have some of the pieces left - I did give some of the extra stuff to a buddy building a Shell Valley. I'll check and see what I have - it's yours if you need any of it.

I cut two 2" holes - one spills out into the passenger footbox the other is ducted to the driver side. If I did it again I would figure a better way to get the air to the drivers side - that hose is big. I would probably take the wiper motor out (never use it) and put the heater in the car somehow.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA #2899420
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

Master
February 20th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Gerry, drill a 2" hole for the defroster/ drivers side feed. I only drilled a 1/2" hole for the passenger side. I can always enlarge later if need be.

Scott
SA 428
3:54