PDA

View Full Version : No Stress Friday

pgermond
March 11th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Played hooky today, and what a great day to do it! Sorry, no pictures. The weather here has been unseasonably warm (setting records), 85 this afternoon. I have a high school/football buddy who teaches English at a university in Japan who is visiting for a couple of weeks. His family is in Walnut Grove, a small farming community down in the Sacramento Delta. In high school he had a '66 396 Chevelle and I had a '63 327 'vette - what a combination for a couple of boneheads - and we lived through it!!!!!!!!!! [8D]

My wife and I jumped in the car this morning and headed down the levee road along the Sacramento River to see him and have lunch. It wasn’t long before we hit patches of fog, which was very refreshing. About 100 mi round trip and 2/3 of a tank of gas. I think I probably used half that taking him for a ride while the wives had lunch!

These small Delta communities see a little bit of everything, i.e. movie stars, politicians, limos, Harley’s, custom cars, but nothing turns their heads quite as much as a Cobra. Anyway, it was a great day, the car preformed perfectly, and tomorrow I’m going to move 2 yards of rock :(

Hope you have a great weekend on the road..

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

TurnpikeBoy
March 13th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Boy.....:( some people got the life.;)

It struggled to reach 44* here yesterday, and it doesn't look like it'll make it that far today. 'Course, I suppose that shivering is a bit easier than lugging rocks.

Bet your buddy wishes he was back in the States now, after those rides..nuthin like home. Knew a surveyor once who worked on the island of Bermuda for about three years - about every six months he came home (So. Carolina) for a week and as he put it, "all I wanna do is get in a car and go 75 mph!". America The Truly Awesome.

Enjoy it to the hilt, PG. If you're hauling rock today, you have earned another ride tonite. [:P]

Yeehah