PDA

View Full Version : New Shelby!

nolastyankee
March 23rd, 2005, 03:30 PM
Here is the reason I am trying to sell my '66 Mustang...Ooooh Baby! Almost as good as a Cobra!

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=20294

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

ralphscott
March 23rd, 2005, 03:51 PM
Go to CNN Money and there is a link to a few more pics of the Mustang Shelby Cobra $35K 450HP.

Beautiful car!

Ralph

Aggressor
March 23rd, 2005, 08:21 PM
Brian,
You might be well advised to check with you local Ford dealers on availability before selling your "66". I've checked our local dealers and the availability will be severely limited. Production probably won't occur until early to mid 2007. If you put $1000.00 down now you will get on the list for that dealer but you are not guaranteed that you will get a car. It just gets you a chance should one become available from the few that the dealer gets. If you dealer gets one or two and the owner decides to buy them both or put them out to the highest bidder your may be screwed for the car and only end up with a refund of you deposit. Our largest two dealers in central PA can not even get Mustang GT's. They are currently backordered 5-6 months. Both dealers as a side note are getting one Ford GT each. I understand that bidding for these vehicles is well over $400,000.00.
Best of Luck -Geary

clayfoushee
March 24th, 2005, 05:46 AM
I think this car is a real winner. Geary makes a good observation. While it will, no doubt, be very difficult to land one of these near MSRP in the very beginning, I hope Ford doesn't artificially limit demand.

If these performance numbers prove true, they might even win people like me back, who defected and bought a C6 because Ford had nothing close in an under $50K (or even $200K) price range. GM is smart to not severely limit the supply on that car. While the C6 was selling over MSRP initially, I was able to buy it for MSRP within 3 months. I hope Ford follows a similar model after the initial hype is over.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

nolastyankee
March 24th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Yeah, I know the GT500's won't be on the lot for a while, but the proceeds from the '66 need to do a little growing in my investment fund anyway. In the mean time we'll have the Unique FIA to keep us happy. Should do the trick, right?

Russ Dickey
March 24th, 2005, 07:25 AM
I like them too, but there is no way on God's green earth I'd buy one new. Wait until they've been out for 12-18 months, and buy one with a few miles on it for about $25K. There has yet to be any limited production Mustang that appreciated immediately upon it's release, so don't get swept up in the "gotta have it first frenzy", like the poor saps who bought the first '92 Vipers for three times sticker (which can now be found all day on eBay for around $30K)

Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

souzape
March 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM
The new Saleen isn't too shabby either. They're offering 325/450 and 500 hp variants with upgraded brakes/suspensions, etc also.
http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281.htm

Phil Souza

nolastyankee
March 25th, 2005, 07:09 AM
This is kinda on the subject, but have any of you been following the CC thread on this development? I can't believe the guys over there getting their undies all in a wad over the fact that there may be a 2006 Ford manufactured Shelby sitting next to their Real-Original-Replica-Whatever Cobra at the car show.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=568824#post568824

It is what it is. A great new car that is much better looking in the showroom than latest minivan. Period.

Every time I click over there I thank heavens for the sanity of this site. Thanks to all!