PDA

View Full Version : Pedals

wlewis
April 6th, 2005, 07:35 AM
I've noticed how much higher my accelerator pedal is positioned relative to the brake and clutch pedals, making it uncomfortable for my right foot after short driving periods. I don't believe a pivot, as mentioned in a previous thread would help nor a longer pedal because I'm afraid that might limit pedal travel. I'm thinking of mounting a block of some sort on the floorboard, underneath my right heel, to raise my foot. Has anyone else noticed the discomfort in your right foot and/or have any ideas?

eliminator
April 6th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Adjust your throttle linkage under the hood, this will reduce the height of your gas peddle.

Rick

wlewis
April 6th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Good suggestion , but I'm not sure that will help. My builder spent several hours adjusting throttle linkage to get clearances and operation right. I'll suggest it anyway. thanks.

patrija
April 6th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Funny - mine is the other problem. From highest to lowest, I go from clutch (highest), brake (middle), and gas (lowest). I want to move my gas pedal higher. :S

weaver
April 6th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Patrick, lengthen the rod going to the ac pedal. Walter you might have to shorten the rods a little if they won't adjust down enough, there should be enough threads to do it.

Alan

wlewis
April 6th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Alan, Keep in mind ,I'm talking about the centerline of the accelerator pedal pad relative to centerline of the clutch and brakes pedal pads. I can't rest my heel on the floor and press the accelerator comfortably. I think adjustment of the throttle rods that you're speaking of would increase and decrease the pedal pad relative to firewall.

Jerry Cowing
April 6th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Alan,

That's what I had to do. When I first built mine, I had to cut my throttle linkage so much shorter that no threads were left on one end and then I rethread it. Remember, we talked about you adding more threads to the linkages you were having manufactured since it is very difficult to rethread these stainless rods.

I had to take mine to a machine shop because my tap and dies just wouldn't cut it (no pun intended). The lathe still took quite a bit of work and lots of cutting oil to rethread the rod. Worked great when done.

Jer

weaver
April 6th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Walter there is no adjustment for that, you would have to alter the acc pedal.

Alan

wlewis
April 10th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I'm experimenting with a carpet coverd piece of 2x4, about 10 inches long, taped longways (north/south)to the floor against the trans tunnel. It seems to help raise my foot up to more comfortably press the pedal.

spd4me
April 11th, 2005, 06:34 AM
I had longer push rods made to fit cylinders so I could get all at same height. Works great.