PDA

View Full Version : My FIA Arrived In Florida

Rickd
April 7th, 2005, 04:11 PM
After a 3 day delay due to a trailer break down, the car transporter finally arrived yesterday morning with my Unique 289 FIA, chasis 9299. Got my insurance certificate this afternoon .. and had a chance to take her around the block in the neighborhood a few times after work this evening. What a BLAST to drive. The car is absolutely beautiful to look at .. but driving it is something else altogether. She only has 2000 miles on her, and I have a cobra mechanic (maintains cars for Enzo Alibrandi of the Finish Line and several other cobra owners in Miami .. plus he drives a FF that he built with all new components)that will help me review the car from top to bottom on Saturday. Then Sunday a run down to Key Largo and out Card Sound Road to Ocean Reef & back. Can't wait.

brfutbrian
April 7th, 2005, 04:16 PM
enjoy

pgermond
April 7th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Congratulations! Not knowing the car's mechanical "soundness", you made the right move having it shipped.

You have to respect (and enjoy) the raw power these cars have, so happy driving and keep the greasy side down ;)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

COBRAGAR
April 8th, 2005, 05:31 AM
CONGRATS RICK . I MADE THE TRIP LAST WEEK TO HOLIDAY ISLES GREAT RIDE.I LIKE TO STOP BY AND CHECK IT OUT .BEST OF LUCK .GARCIA

Russ Dickey
April 8th, 2005, 11:18 AM
As the kid's say in their forums: THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!

Congrats, Rick! Welcome to the Unique (and FIA) family. Now post some pics!

Russ

Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

clayfoushee
April 8th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Congrats Rick, from your twin (obviously they weren't identicals) sister car and it's owner.

9299, 9229, and 9299, this is getting confusing............:)

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Rickd
April 8th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Russ, I tried to post some pics but the files were all too big. What's the secret? By the way .. my FIA "the OTHER 9299" is Viking Blue .. but with a red team stripe. All of my neighbors are giving me the 'thumbs up' as I drive through the neighborhood. One guy said the other day " I haven't seen anyone that excited about anything since my son was waiting for his first bike as a kid". I was a kid when CS introduced the Cobra! Life is good!!!

clayfoushee
April 8th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Rick,

Send them to me, and I'll post them for you.

clayfoushee@earthlink.net

Clay

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

clayfoushee
April 8th, 2005, 05:45 PM
P.S. the secret is to reduce the size of the pic. to 100 kbs (site limit). You need photo editing software to do that, or else reduce the image quality of your camera to probably the lowest setting.

Clay

Annapolis, MD