View Full Version : Carpet Installation

Gerry
May 3rd, 2005, 06:44 AM
I have just begun my carpet install and would like to know if it is typical to install carpet padding under the foam-backed carpet supplied through Unique?

Thanks,
Gerry

Master
May 3rd, 2005, 07:34 AM
Gerry, I just finished mine last week and I used Jute from an Upholstery shop. Stopped the padding at the seat fronts.

Scott
SA 428
3:54

souzape
May 3rd, 2005, 08:39 AM
I would suggest that you get some of the commercial heat insulation (foil on one side/padding on the other) and at least put it at the end of the foot boxes and along the transmission tunnel. Put the foil side closest to the floor board. There's a lot of heat generated by these cars.

Phil Souza

COBRAGAR
May 3rd, 2005, 09:11 AM
GERRY , MAKE SURE TO OPEN ALL HOLES FOR SEAT TRACK IF ANY , EMERGENCY BRAKE HANDLE ,RUN WIRES FOR FUTURE RADIO ETC.. BEFORE YOU GLUE ANY CARPET DOWN MAKE SURE YOU USE SOMETHING LIKE DEI-010401 INSULATION FROM SUMMIT RACING AROUND THE TRANSMISSION TUNNEL AREA FROM THE FRONT ALL THE WAY TO THE REAR,AND FRT FEET AREA, I ALSO USED FROM JC WHITNEY INSULATION # ZX250705N ON THE FLOOR AREA AND TUNNEL FRT TO REAR .I HOPE THIS HELPS IF I LEFT OUT SOMETHING SOMEBODY ELSE WILL ADD TO THIS . AND REMEMBER MEASURE TWICE AND CUT ONCE.GOOD LUCK