PDA

View Full Version : London Cobra Show, lets hear from you!

rdorman
May 23rd, 2005, 09:39 AM
OK all my Unique brethren, are you coming?? I tell you, if everyone that came to Homecoming this year showed up in London, that would be enough for me!

Basic run down, just in case you don't know:
- Friday poker run (not in the city this time!!). Alternate events include Vintage Grand-Prix at Mid-Ohio and Wright Patterson Air Force Museum (extremely cool, enormous facility).

Friday night, Quaker Steak and Lube at the end of the runs followed by of course, tailgating in the lots. We will have a huge tent set up all weekend incase the weather turns bad so we will all still have a place to hang out at night.

- Saturday, why London and the Strawberry Festival of course!! A day of fun, rides (both for the kids and the ones you give in the Cobra!), dyno, manufacturer and vendor 'mall'. etc.

Saturday night, this is a must see. Bob Johnson of Shelby racing fame will be joining us for some one on one time. This is just for us, not open to the public. Peter Brock and others where already booked this year but we do have them on tape just for this event and just for Bob. Next year, we will try and get the whole bunch there. Truly and exciting night planned. Hosted by the Curator of the museum that owns Bob's Cobra, Coupe and Vette. Sorry the cars are being restored and will not be ready in time or we could reunite Bob with his cars!

- Sunday, CobraX. If you haven't tried it, warning, it can be addictive!

At the end we will draw the winner for the CRII kit!

Thats the basics. Some more info over on www.londoncobrashow.com.

Just some insider information for those who have not been there. The Best Value Inn is the party place to stay. The courtyard setting makes it a natural. They MIGHT have a room or two left. The second most popular is the Hampton, who has about 12 rooms left and the third is the Fairfield. They as of last week had a pretty good selection left. All three are within 'spitting' distance of each other. If those fill, then we always have the Days Inn to fill up next!

Hope to see you all there!

Rick Dorman

juanone
May 23rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
I am going. Will get there Thursday night. See you all there.

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
Kentucky Cobra Club
2432 Crittenden Drive
Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
502-635-5711
juanlb@lbrllc.net

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

rdorman
May 23rd, 2005, 01:24 PM
Will your car be ready yet Juan?? Really looking forward to checking out the final product in person. You got me thinking!
Rick

lonnie
May 23rd, 2005, 02:13 PM
Rick
I don't think my car will be ready for that long a trip.Do I need to register?
Lonnie

juanone
May 23rd, 2005, 02:39 PM
Hi Rick:

I think my car will be ready minus engine and transmission. I will be driving up with a buddy of mine that owns a Superformance.

Juan

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
Kentucky Cobra Club
2432 Crittenden Drive
Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
502-635-5711
juanlb@lbrllc.net

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

rdorman
May 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
'do I need to register', hmmm without a car? That is up to you. The registration fee goes to paying for things like the tent, supplies, printing, etc, etc, etc, etc. The idea for the registration fee was to cover the cost of what you get out of the event as a participant. And beleive me, we try and get everything free! No one must register, but then we will not know you are coming. No one must pay but I did and I am an organizer of the event! We would like for you to register and if you are going to participate, we would like you to pay the fee. But no one is keeping track of who paid and who did not so if you don't, I won't know! We are just watching the bottom line. This is supposed to be fun! So, come and have fun! Does that answer the question?

Juan, so close! Can't wait to see the finished package.

Rick

rdorman
May 23rd, 2005, 07:51 PM
Oh! By the way, the registration was intended to be per car for two people. Just the basics.
Thanks
Rick

rdorman
May 24th, 2005, 05:46 AM
I just heard from Dan Gurney's office!! Looks like we will have some video from him for us on Saturday night as well! Too cool!

Rick

rdorman
May 24th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Our own JP and you know who during the interview for the LCS

http://www.gasholes.com/smf/index.php?topic=5523.0

Rick