PDA

View Full Version : Safety Wiring Knockoff Wheels

wlewis
May 31st, 2005, 11:59 AM
I was planning to safety wire my Knockoffs to my Trigo wheels. Presumably, I would use stainless steel wire, but what gauge wire or what pound test(in the case of fishing wire) should I use?

GeorgiaSnake
May 31st, 2005, 03:53 PM
Walter check this link

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21138&highlight=safety+wire+knock+offs

Randy

Unique 289 FIA #2899420
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

twanita
May 31st, 2005, 06:53 PM
I follow the wiring example from the above link but does anyone have a picture of the hairclip installation?

wlewis
June 1st, 2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks Randy. Since my original post, I ordered wire from Finish Line. Presumably, it's the right stuff. In the meantime,I'd like so see the hairclip installation too.
Walter

wlewis
June 1st, 2005, 11:00 AM
I believe I figured out the hairclip installation. If I'm correct, it will only work if the hub is long enough, to where enough of the end of it protrudes through the tightened knockoff, allowing you to drill a hole all the way through the esposed hub end and insert the pin through the hub, preventing the kockoff from coming off. It's like a cotter pin through a propeller shaft on an outboard motor. My Trigo hubs are not long enough. Back to the safety wire.
Walter