PDA

View Full Version : 17in Compomotive or Vintage Wheels?

Justin Upchurch
June 12th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Does anyone have experience dealing with Vintage Wheels? They have just come out with their 17 inch version with the 5 lug adapter kit for $1895.
My other choice is to go with the 17 inch Compomotive wheel that is on many of the Unique cars for $1995.
The advantage to the Vintage wheel in my opinion is the center knock off without the lug holes and the 6 spoke wheel. However they only come in one size which is 10.5 in the rear.
The Compmotive on the other hand can be made with custom offsets to fit any tire size.
I know you have your opinions so throw them at me.

Thanks,
Justin

pgermond
June 12th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Justin,

Sorry, I can't help you. I have 15" PSE wheels. Like the look.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Justin Upchurch
June 13th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Has anyone used Vintage Wheels? Any opinions?

Justin

nolastyankee
June 14th, 2005, 05:53 AM
I don't have confirmation on this, but it is my understanding that Vintage Wheels are the guys that make wheels for Superformance. They decided to sell to the public because of the desire for true knockoffs and the limited number of sources for this type of wheel that work with 5-lug hubs. You may want to verify this somewhere, then, assuming it is true, ask some Superformance guys about their experiences. Hope this is of some help!

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

Justin Upchurch
June 14th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the reply Brian. I did some research and you are correct about the wheels being the same as the Superformance. From what I can tell about the wheel they are the same offset as there 15in wheel and the Trigo. The difference being that the 17 is one inch wider in the front and the back.

Phil,
I have heard good things about the PSE wheels as well. But, for some reason they seem to be hard to get, with some people waiting almost as long for their wheels as others for complete cars.

Justin