View Full Version : Mountain cruise - N. Georgia

Tony Radford
June 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Last Saturday, I went on a serious road trip with Pat (new turnkey Unique with SA FE) and Chill (convert from 289 FIA to Lotus Elise) through the twisty roads in the north end of our state. What an awewome trip. Though the Lotus is right at home taking switch-back curves, I must say that the Uniques did an impressive job. I normally don't take curves as aggressively as I did then, but being right behind Chill, I forgot I wasn't in a Lotus and worked to keep up. What an experience.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

ralphscott
June 20th, 2005, 02:19 PM
What a rush! Love the twisties.

Ralph

olblu66
June 21st, 2005, 02:01 PM
amen to that...Tony

will butterworth
June 22nd, 2005, 06:58 AM
Tony--when we go to pigeon forge try tail of the dragon, over 300 twisties in 11 miles, don,t go weekends, Joan and I drove it last year, stopped to visit motorcyclists and they all clapped for us trying it in the red machine. Have ambulances stationed .Will-alabama Love them north Ga. mtns. too

JeepSnake
June 22nd, 2005, 07:03 AM
Where all did y'all go on your run, Tony? We keep talking about taking a weekend trip of top-down riding in North Georgia, but never really figure out where to head for the best backroads.

Oh, and talk about forgetting that you weren't in a Lotus... You ought to see Sandy or me slinging Mom's Mustang around curves trying to keep up with all the Uniques at Pigeon Forge!

Zach Butterworth
Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
(Mom & Dad's 427)

ralphscott
June 22nd, 2005, 05:27 PM
As a TN resident a word of warning about the Dragon Tail there are a lot of head-ons. Best to go during the week Tuesday or Thursday.

Ralph

GeorgiaSnake
June 23rd, 2005, 03:50 AM
Ralph

http://www.trails.com/toptrails.asp?State=GA&Activity=Scenic+Drives

Randy

Unique 289 FIA #2899420
Southern Automotive 396
Team III 16's
Brilliant Silver

ralphscott
June 23rd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Man is that cool what a great site. Gayle and I do a lot of Civil War Battlefields and a lot of those drives are adjacent to CW battlefields. I have added this to my favorites list as retirement is nigh and the open road is calling! Thanks Randy this has made my day.

Ralph

will butterworth
June 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
rANDY-THANKS,NICE SITE-COPIED, always looking for new ground. Ralph--how long, when do you plan to retire? I have about two and a half yrs. to go.Will-alabama

ralphscott
June 23rd, 2005, 11:11 AM
Will, I could go in Oct. But may go in Jan '06. I have succession planning concerns that I need to address before I leave. 'Course I doubt that I will ever be too far from the place as I may consult back. Probabally good for me as I have worked since I was 12 and frankly the shift to not working is a bit unnerving. Got lots of "hobbies", but focus and people is what keeps me charged-up. Guess that is why I really like the Forum and the Unique brotherhood.

Ralph

Tony Radford
June 25th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Hey guys. Had to run to Moscow and back. Glad that's over! We took 400 north until it became two lane and intersected what I think was rt 19. We headed up towards Blairsville and hit most of the scenic routes we came to. That whole area up there is awesome. Only problem is the motorcycles. Way too many cruisers that can't take a corner for squat. Lots of dragging foot pegs. Though they probably saved us a few times from going off a cliff.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
Delicious example of Beauty + Power.