PDA

View Full Version : UNLOADING

twanita
July 8th, 2005, 05:57 PM
i am arranging for delivery of my rolling kit and need some ideas. my house is at the end of a cul-de-sac, at the top of a hill and the street is about 1/8 mile long . the car carrier is 80 feet long so it can't turn around at the end. the brakes will be non-functional so i can't rope tow it with another car. any ideas other than finding 5 gorillas to push it up the hill? i'm told that moving to another house is not an option.

pgermond
July 8th, 2005, 06:19 PM
If the driver is worth his salt, he should be able to back up the cul-de-sac to your driveway..... then you need to come up with five gorillas.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Naumoff
July 9th, 2005, 05:18 AM
I would have him drop it where he can and have a car trailer and four buddies. Put it on the trailer and back it right into your driveway.

Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

Poorboy
July 9th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Why would brakes be nessary to pull it UP hill?

cobracobra
July 9th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Funny thing is, I was thinking the same when I arrange for delivery in Oct/Nov. I have a 600ft driveway about 10ft wide on a narrow street. I have a Honda Rubicon ATV I was thinking of using that and a few friends...Mike

twanita
July 9th, 2005, 08:38 PM
i guess i could tow it uphill if the driver can't back up the street. i could keep a wheel chock handy in case something happens. where is the best place to grab with strap so as to not damage the front of car?

scott
July 9th, 2005, 09:01 PM
the body gets in the way of using a tow strap unless yot strap to the lower control arms, you might have better luck towing it backwards

Naumoff
July 10th, 2005, 04:11 AM
The car isn't that heavy. When we picked up my Cobra we had to be carful of pushing it to fast into the trailer. And before I took the car apart I was pushing it around by myself and with the toe way out.
Four adults should be able to push it any where you want it very easily.

Your right getting a strap on it is no fun. It was hard enough to do that in the covered trailer.

Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS