PDA

View Full Version : how to upload & post photos???

JeepSnake
July 13th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Hey y'all!

OK, I'm stalled out here - can someone tell me how to go about uploading and posting photos in the forum? I've searched, looked at the FAQ, etc. and can't put it all together. I figured out that I apparently need to set up a directory, upload the photos to it, and then link to the photos in the message using the insert button... How to do all that, though? [?]

I'm sure the question has been answered before, but I can't find anything in a search.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Zach Butterworth
Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
(Mom & Dad's 427)

juanone
July 13th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Hi Zach:

It is pretty simple. On your post there are a series of icons at the top of your message. One of them is a "Edit topic". You click on that and it will take you to a window that you will insert text. At the bottom of that window there is a "Add Attachment link. Click on that and the rest is pretty self explanatory.

If you have any questions you can call me and I will walk you through it.

Juan

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
Kentucky Cobra Club
2432 Crittenden Drive
Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
502-635-5711
juanlb@lbrllc.net

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

nolastyankee
July 13th, 2005, 08:46 AM
One more hint, the picture must be less than 40K (I think that's the size limit) and I have had a bunch of trouble uploading photos using filenames straight off the camera. These are usually something like DSCN#### or MAV####. Renaming to a non-numbered file name like ENGINE eliminates conflicts in the directory that leads to X's in the thread.

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

juanone
July 13th, 2005, 09:02 AM
The photo file size actually needs to be smaller than 50K. If you have a photo manipulation software that should not be a problem. If you don't have one then e-mail me the photos and I will do that for you. I have broad band.

Juan

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
Kentucky Cobra Club
2432 Crittenden Drive
Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
502-635-5711
juanlb@lbrllc.net

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

pbrown
July 13th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Actually the size limit is 250K. Please keep the resolution less than or equal to 640x480 so that it doesn't spill off the right side of the monitor.

Also renaming the files to something descriptive helps. You can view all uploaded files at http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded.

--Patrick

JeepSnake
July 15th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys!

IF the weather holds out tonight, and IF I'm not up to my ears in stuff to do on the Chevelle when it comes back from the alignment/brake shop this afternoon - I will try to post some pics of it now that it's getting close to being on the road.

We've had pretty fierce electrical storms in the evenings all week, to the point that I've been afraid to get on the computer at home for fear of roasting all of Sandy's classwork and my car photos!

FYI - if I don't get to put photos up, the latest is that we cranked the Chevelle up for the first time last Saturday afternoon. Sent it to the shop for final alignment and brake checkout yesterday. (Yes, on something as important as the brakes, I wanted a set of pro eyes to go over what we had put together!) Engine ran smooth after adjusting timing, junkyard power steering conversion felt good in the garage, etc. Hopefully can ease it out on the road tomorrow to start breaking in and making adjustments.

Zach Butterworth
Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
(Mom & Dad's 427)