PDA

View Full Version : won't work

scott
August 2nd, 2005, 06:02 PM
having trouble accessing posts on my computer. any thouhts?

Slither
August 2nd, 2005, 07:16 PM
Sell your Cobra and buy a new computer [:O][}:)][?];)

Other symptoms?

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

Justin Upchurch
August 2nd, 2005, 07:31 PM
What browser are you useing? The page will not load with Netscape, it seems you have to use a later IE.

Justin

clayfoushee
August 2nd, 2005, 08:30 PM
I think there is some kind of problem with the site. I've been having a lot of trouble lately with the following:

1) I'll type a reply, and I often get "Page cannot be displayed." In order to get something posted, I have to copy the post, exit the site, come back in, and then paste it in a new post.

2) When I hit the new posts button, it takes me to the Forum menu, then I go through and endless loop of the above several times before the thread I'm trying to see displays.

I don't think it's my laptop (MS Explorer and late model PC), but I could be wrong. It works fine on all other sites.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

pbrown
August 2nd, 2005, 10:54 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is. I restarted the server this evening. We'll see if that helps at all.

--Patrick

Aggressor
August 3rd, 2005, 04:58 PM
Paul - 1. Sell computer first (20th century anti- christ, electronic embodiment of evil.)
2. Sell other cars.
3. Sell other family possessions/heirlooms.
4. Sell Cobra only if your family is starving.

The four fundementals of life as we know it today are:
Air, Water, Fire, Sports Car
(Or so I'm told- Quote from Road&Track in the
late 60's)

-Geary

scott
August 3rd, 2005, 06:03 PM
cant even get my posts posted

scott
August 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
seems that i can post in quick reply but not in reply to topic, i will take slithers advice, cobra is for sale, biding starts at $100,000 this way i can pay off existing loan buy another unique cobra and get that computer i need

pgermond
August 3rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
Hm-m-m-m, will you take 25?

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

pbrown
August 5th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Scott,

I've been looking for the cause of your trouble without luck. It turns out that the author for this portal software has closed shop. Another had picked it up for a while and also dropped it. There have been numerous bugs that I've resoved on my own but this one has me stumped. I'm considering a migration to another portal platform. One that I am considering is the same that Brent uses on Club Cobra. I just need to figure out how to migrate the data.

--Patrick