PDA

View Full Version : 289 motor mounts

RJacobsen
September 18th, 2005, 09:22 PM
The previous owner of my car told me that early Mustang motor mounts were what to get for my 289 HIPO. I got them and they are to wide to fit the mounting locations on the frame. The car has had so many modifications that I don't know if the frame mounts have been changed or if I just need to get different motor mounts. Can any one tell me what application the original mounts would have been from?

Rod
Roseville, Ca.
289 FIA #9152

nolastyankee
September 19th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Rod,
I don't know exactly which ones you need, but I ran into the same thing on our car. Bought new mounts only to find that they were taller than the last set. Through my research I have learned that there at least three different sizes of SBF motor mounts, all about 3/16" different in the distance from the block mounts to the frame mounts.

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

weaver
September 19th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Rod, we use Sealed Power brand part # 270-2287, if these don't work they have been changed.

Alan

RJacobsen
September 19th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I'll check out the Sealed Power ones and see how they look. If I do need to relocate the frame mounts I need to know how far the oil pan hangs below the frame rails.

Rod
Roseville, Ca.
289 FIA #9152