PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Kentucky Cobra Club Fall Cruise

juanone
October 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM
http://www.uniquecobra.com/uploaded/juanone/KCC-Fall-Cruise-Map.jpg

Dear fellow Unique Owners:

For those of you Unique owners close to the Cincinnati, Louisville and Lexington area you are all invited to join us on our 3rd Annual Fall Cruise. Call me or write me e-mail if you would like further information about the cruise. We would love to have you so here are the details.

The 2005 Kentucky Cobra Club Fall Cruise is on. The date is Sunday October 23rd. I have discussed the cruise with several club members from Ohio, Louisville and Lexington and we have decided on a cruise route. Here are the details:

Starting in Louisville, the members close by, will meet at 9:00 AM at the Shopping Plaza at the junction of River Road and 42, at the parking area of the Dairy Queen. We will leave promptly at 9:15 on 42 toward Cincinnati. We will cruise the beautiful Kentucky back roads toward Florence, KY and exit at Florence on 71/75 North. Then proceed North on 71/75 and head to Newport and stop for lunch at the Hofbrauhaus, fun German Restaurant. This portion of the cruise will take approximately 1.75 to 2.0 hours. The Louisville Group will arrive at the restaurant at approximately 11:00 AM.

We will hook up with our Club Members from Lexington, and Ohio at the Hofbrauhaus. The Restaurant is located at the corner of 3rd Street and Saratoga in Newport. Their phone number is 859-491-7200. The directions to the Hofbrauhaus from 71/75 are as follows: Exit 192 then go straight one way on 5th Street, head East one way on Garrard Street then right turn on East 4th Street and across a short bridge, left turn on Monmouth, right turn on East 3rd Street and onto Hofbrauhaus at 3rd and Saratoga. If you have any questions regarding the directions don't hesitate to call me at the phone numbers below.

Once we have had lunch and met up with the Ohio and other Kentucky members the cruise will proceed on 71/75 South to exit 185 onto 275 West toward the Northern KY Airport. We then take the Exit 16 and head toward Madison, Indiana on 50 West past Laurenceburg. The cruise then continues on 56 West in Aurora toward Rising Sun still on 56 West which then becomes 156 West toward Madison along the beautiful road right by the Ohio River. Once in Madison we go through the beautiful downtown area and head to the River Walk on Vine Street and stop to stretch our legs and picture taking on the beautiful river walk and parking along the river. The return portion of the cruise will take approximately 2-2.5 hours.

After a brief stop in Madison we will cross the Ohio River on Harrison Street which, after we cross the River, becomes 421 South toward Bedford, KY. Once at Bedford the Ohio Club Members can choose to head back toward Cincinnati on 42 East, the Lexington, KY Members can proceed on 421 South to Frankfort and Lexington and the Louisville group will return on 42 West to our starting place at the Shopping Plaza, junction of River Road and 42.

Come and join your fellow club members on our 3rd Annual Fall Cruise and enjoy the back roads of Kentucky and Indiana on our beautiful machines.

Above is a map that outlines the Cruise Route, print out the directions on this e-mail, also the map attached and bring both with you on the cruise. My mobile phone number is listed should you need to reach me before or during the day of the Cruise.

See you all on the 23rd of October,

Juan

Kentucky Cobra Club
Juan Lopez-Bonilla
2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
502-635-5711 (work)
502-231-4208 (home)
502-558-2904 (mobile)
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

JeepSnake
October 10th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Juan - looks like you all are going to have a great ride. Particularly like how the route hugs the river much of the way...[^]

Actually just talked with my brother at lunch today about sneaking in a convertible ride before really cold weather. We're thinking about more or less duplicating the Homecoming route in a few weeks, only continuing on from Desoto Falls into Mentone, AL. There's a bunch of antique/arts/crafts shops there for my wife & his girlfriend to check out. BUT, most importantly, there's homemade FUDGE CAKE in front of the fireplace at the Log Cabin Deli! :D :D :D

Funny, but seems like top-down jaunts in dampish, overcast, fall weather followed by hot beverages, fireplaces, & good food are the most fun. Heck, I can even smell that musty leaf smell just thinking about it...

Zach Butterworth
Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
(Mom & Dad's 427)