PDA

View Full Version : Safe in Southern Indiana

Brent
November 7th, 2005, 11:35 AM
All safe after the tornado.
The tornado passed between my house and my parents house at 2am Sunday morning. Susan and I were driving home at the time and actually crossed the tornado's path twice! Based on the timeline we were about 7 minutes ahead of the tornado at 2am and knew nothing about it. My daughters were at my parents house at the time huddled down in the bathroom and covered with pillows and blankets. 1 block north of them was total devistation. We arrived home to no power and went to bed. People never knew what happened. They awoke to noise and wind only to look up and see their roof was gone. A mobile home park south of the interstate has nothing but bare concrete pads and a field of rubble. They are still trying to find about 200 people that are not accounted for.:(

Life is precious and family and friends are the only thing in the world that really matter. I cried with joy last night while putting my daughters to bed and again this morning when getting them ready.

I can not even fathem what Paul (Slither on the forum) is going through with his home situation after Katrina. He is in our prayers every day.

Brent

juanone
November 7th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Hi Brent:

I am glad all is okay with you and yours. It can all end in a second and what is left is just you and the memories not the things we covet.

We share the same sentiments as you.

Juan

will butterworth
November 7th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Brent--so right, glad you and the family are alright. We are watching the pictures on tv, looks so familiar, we get clobbered every year. Over 200,000 homes are destroyed in the thirteen Lousiana parishes after the hurricanes. Good to hear from you, and Rick Bagley--hope he is alright, friends--good neighbors--now that is the real stuff. Like Juan mentioned-half a second in a car mishap -and caboom, any number of things can happen. But, good luck old friend.Will-alabama

clayfoushee
November 7th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Brent, I was thinking about you when I saw the report.......glad all is well.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

brfutbrian
November 7th, 2005, 06:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by clayfoushee

Brent, I was thinking about you when I saw the report.......glad all is well.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD
ditto, take care. later, brian

pgermond
November 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Brent,

Happy for you and yours avoiding that disaster.... that has to be scary stuff. Out here we are moving into the wet/flood season. Seems like the rest of the country has been pretty well beat up - wonder if it is our turn in the barrel :( Then there is ALWAYS the possibility of those shaker's [xx(]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
Southern Automotive FE
3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Slither
November 7th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks Brent, we appreciate your prayers! The prayers of friends, family, and even strangers is what is carrying us right now. It was nice to chat with you yesterday to hear that you were all doing fine :D. We arrived back in Indiana a couple of hours before the storm hit, and had no idea that it was coming. We were awakened at about 3am to the sound of some serious winds and rain going sideways... thought Katrina was coming back for us... again [:O]!!

I guess it took about an hour for it to get up to northeast Indiana.

I will report on our situation in the "Katrina" thread...

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear