PDA

View Full Version : Track Day

GREENHOUSE
November 22nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
WOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED IN A TEST AND TUNE DAY AT THE TALLADEGA GRAND PRIX TRACK, MAYBE LATE JANUARY OR FEBRUARY. FOR 10 CARS IT WILL COST UNDER 200 BUCKS PER CAR AND ONLY 3 CARS ON THE TRACK AT A TIME, THEY WILL LET YOU HAVE THE TRACK FROM 8 am TO 5 pm. I TRYED THIS A YEAR AND A HALF AGO AND I HAD A BALL. WE CAN BRING OUR OWN LUNCH AND DRINKS OR HAVE IT BROUGHT IN. POST REPLY HERE OR PM ME WITH A PHONE NUMBER SO I CAN TRY TO GET A DATE SET. I HAVEN'T SET UP A MEET LIKE THIS BEFORE AND WILL TAKE ANY EXTRA ASSISTANCE IN SETTING IT UP OR IF SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE THIS BEFORE WOULD LIKE TO LEAD THE WAY.
MIKE

gasman
November 22nd, 2005, 05:40 PM
Is it possible to plan this in conjuction with Homecoming?

GREENHOUSE
November 22nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
Good Question Unique Did These Events Awile Back. I Think It Started To Be Too Much With Homecomming. This Would Be Something To Do On A Weekend,take Some Pictures And Have Some Laughs.
Mike

will butterworth
November 28th, 2005, 07:18 AM
may fit in with homecoming Mike, we use to go there until it got expensive. Will-alabama

nolastyankee
November 28th, 2005, 06:47 PM
All,
I know it isn't on the way, but I recently got hooked up with a group here in NW Arkansas that goes to Hallett (Tulsa, OK) to rent the track twice per year. There is an April and October date, mid week. For $150 you get 6-7 lap sessions that are 15 minutes each. It's an awesome course that will allow 105-115 on the straights. It's a ball, and I can't wait to get my car out there. If anyone is in the area and interested, let me know.

clayfoushee
November 29th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Is it possible to plan this in conjuction with Homecoming?

Steve, this came prior to your first Homecoming trip. The issue for the Weaver's is legal liability if it's associated in any way with Homecoming. If anyone is hurt or worse on the track, families could try to initiate a lawsuit. If it were completely disassociated from the days for the Homecoming event, then they would not be at risk.

GREENHOUSE
November 29th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I Was Hoping To Try This In The Cool Months To Avoid The Summer Heat. If You Try To Plan A Big Event At The Track (more Then A Test And Tune) Their Is Alot More Involved With Insurance And Stuff,liability Being The Main Concern.
Mike

GREENHOUSE
December 6th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I Have Found 3 Brave Souls That Would Like To Try This You Dont Have To Commit Just Show An Interest For Now.
Mike