PDA

View Full Version : Shelby World HeadQuarters

RJacobsen
November 28th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Just got back from a week in Las Vegas and a side trip to Shelby World Headquarters. Heres some of the stuff that was there. Enjoy.

nolastyankee
November 28th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Wow, am I envious. I was there a couple years back and have the itch to go again. I love that blue Mustang...Any details?

RJacobsen
November 28th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Brian, The Mustang is displaying upgrade packages avaliable from Shelby for the new Mustang. A Stage 1 ( Appearance Package) and a Stage 2 (Performance Package). I,m attaching a photo of the Flyer.

RJacobsen
November 28th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Brian, sorry if the spec sheet is not legible. I tried to add another attachment with a better shot of it but could not (something about being over my upload limit?). If you didn't notice, the Red Ford GT is the test mule prototype that was hand built before the current production models. And the blue cobra with the hood up is CSX2000 (the very first Cobra).

pbrown
November 28th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I was there last month and saw them setting up the GT.

BTY - The image size limit is 250K. The uploaded image is only 60K.

nolastyankee
November 29th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Rod,
When I was there I got a real nice up close view of CSX 2000 and Carroll's personal, polished CSX3xxx 427 car. There is a picture in one my earliest 'chapters' on our car. When we were there tours of the back room weren't offered, and there were not quite as many cars in the showroom. On the other hand, there were lots of nice CSX cars outside in the lot!

(We were there for SAAC does Vegas 2 years ago)

Russ Dickey
November 29th, 2005, 08:56 AM
I saw that blue Mustang w/new Shelby mods at SEMA this year. Personally, I thought it looked cheap and tacky. I'm not sure that who ever is steering the "Shelby ship" is in touch with what enthusiasts want these days - cuz giant snake decals and a 6-cylinder ain't it.

Plus, I was very surprised that he'd be offering "Shelby" mods when he's got the '07 GT-500 coming out right around the corner.

Other than that, all the rest of those cars rock!