PDA

View Full Version : plumbing

twanita
November 30th, 2005, 03:45 PM
any good photos of routing mech water temp, mech oil pressure,mech oil temp and speedo cable? trying to keep as many lines out of site as possible under hood. thx, jim o.

pgermond
November 30th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Jim,

I ran mine in plastic wire looms over the engine and along the fenders attached to the lip where the hood sits. Look closely at the attached and you can see the black loom coming off the passenger side.

daveg
November 30th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I grouped my Temp, Alt wire, Oil pressure and MSD wires all together over the top on the passenter side.

Oil Temp went underneath to the pan. Seemed pretty simple - looks clean from the drivers side - one big bundle on the passenger side.

Three holes on the transmission tunnel under the dashboard. One for the front, one for the back and one for the speedo.

Dave

GREENHOUSE
December 1st, 2005, 08:06 PM
I Know The Distributor Is In The Wrong Place But All The Wires Are Hidden. I Ran All My Wires Up From The Bottom. Next I Need To Change The Distributor Cap To Black And The Fule Line The Red And Blue An Fittings Look Out Of Place. Does Anyone Know Were I Can Find A Differnt Fule Log For The Carb Made From Dull Aluminim Or Something Old School?

nolastyankee
December 2nd, 2005, 05:40 AM
WOW! Putting that distributor on the other end of the engine really cleans up the compartment. Looks nice!

Check out pictures of Rick Bagley's (Eliminator's) car, if I remember correctly he has a nice looking fuel log that would match the look you have going.

The car looks great!

twanita
December 4th, 2005, 05:56 PM
i think i have to route the mech water temp line over the top of engine due to its length. might as well put the dist,coil and alt wires in that same loom instead of trying to route under engine. there will only be one loom visible from top of engine. thanks for the photos. jim o

Naumoff
December 5th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Jim, here is my route for wires.
Oil temp, oil pressure on driver frame rail. Dist., alt. passenger frame rail.

Water temp and coil over engine driver side.
I heard you could get a gauge with a longer lead but did not follow up to be sure. Coil I could have made longer but didn't.
Wire drop out of cockpit similar to daveg.
I like my starter relay were I can get to it from up top and I put in a '60s voltage reg. Pass. side firewall and foot box.

http://images.snapfish.com/3456%3A55923232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3255%3E%3B%3A2%3E94 4%3EWSNRCG%3D323336%3B3%3C5656nu0mrj

http://images.snapfish.com/3456%3A55923232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3255%3E%3B%3A2%3E94 4%3EWSNRCG%3D323336%3B3%3C6425nu0mrj

ralphscott
December 5th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Here are a couple of shots of my car. Ran it like this for 5 years. This year put on the turkey pan and changed my routing. When I can get to Lil Cobra I will take a few pictures.

Ralph