PDA

View Full Version : How do you like the new website?

pbrown
November 30th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I'd like to get some feedback on the new site.

Are there features of the old site that you wished were here?
Are there any features that you would like that neither site did/does?
How is the user interface?
Attachments?
Anything?
Photo Gallery?
Thanks,

RJacobsen
November 30th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Patrick, so far , so good, I'm starting to get the hang of it , Thanks for fixing my attachment problem. I see that we can upload larger photo files but is there a size that is best?
Is there a way to move the photos that are currently in the UPLOADED file to the photo gallery?
I like the thumb nail photos in the threads, but is it posible to put full size photos in also?
Thanks

pgermond
November 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
The new site is great! The only issue I have so far is the e-mail notification of new posts - I haven't received any for the subscribed threads. I have to log into the site to see if there are any new posts. A minor inconvience at the least. That aside - I'm a happy camper :)

Thanks for asking.

pbrown
November 30th, 2005, 10:51 PM
The new site is great! The only issue I have so far is the e-mail notification of new posts - I haven't received any for the subscribed threads. I have to log into the site to see if there are any new posts. A minor inconvience at the least. That aside - I'm a happy camper :)

Thanks for asking.

I think I fixed the thread subscriptions. Let me know what happens.

pbrown
November 30th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Patrick, so far , so good, I'm starting to get the hang of it , Thanks for fixing my attachment problem. I see that we can upload larger photo files but is there a size that is best?
Is there a way to move the photos that are currently in the UPLOADED file to the photo gallery?
I like the thumb nail photos in the threads, but is it posible to put full size photos in also?
Thanks

The attachment system uses thumbnails but you can use the IMG tags to link to larger images stored in the gallery. You can save your old uploaded images back to your local machine and then upload them to the gallery. There is a feature for adding gallery images from the hard drive. Perhaps we could give that a try. I have that disabled right now.

clayfoushee
December 1st, 2005, 06:13 AM
I think it's great.

nolastyankee
December 1st, 2005, 06:33 AM
Patrick,
Overall I think it is great. I like the gallery and that contributors have some extra perks. It has taken some time to get used to the changes, and I have found just about everything that was on the old site.

If I were to nitpick, there are just a couple things that I would change if "I ran the world"...It's a bit of a pain to have to click an extra button before being able to "quick reply". I would like to see full sized pictures in the posts. I prefer to have the "title bar" of each reply (the area where the poster name, avatar, other information is) a bit more condensed so that I can see more info on one page. With the $ signs and all the info at the right, somtimes the "title bar" is longer than the post itself.

Again, these are just nits, but since you asked...

Thanks for all of your hard work. Overall, the new site is great.

pgermond
December 1st, 2005, 07:16 AM
No notifications a/o this morning. Thanks for looking into it.......

ericeckhoff
December 1st, 2005, 09:20 AM
Looks Great! A breakdown of members by state would be cool. An outstanding effort on you part. Thanks

pbrown
December 1st, 2005, 09:39 AM
No notifications a/o this morning. Thanks for looking into it.......

I got several so it is working. It may be something with your member profile. I'll take a look and see.

pgermond
December 1st, 2005, 10:11 AM
I just received e-mail notification of Eric's post....

bstandley1
December 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM
Patrick,

I think the new system works great ... my only stumble required resetting my password several times (or more correctly, attempting to).

Bob

pgermond
December 1st, 2005, 08:11 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm... I received notification of replies to this post, but none of the others I have subscribed too. Patrick, is it cockpit error, or ?

pbrown
December 1st, 2005, 10:36 PM
I got several so it is working. It may be something with your member profile. I'll take a look and see.

It's a mystery. I can't find anything wrong with your profile or the site.

Justin Upchurch
December 2nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Patrick,

I would like to see some threads added to the Gallery.

Blue Car Pics
Red Car Pics
Silver Car Pics
Black Car Pics
White car Pics
Green car Pics
Non-Traditional color car pics

I think this would allow people to see different color options in one place.

In addition to the color gallery I would like to see the following added

New Uniques
Engine Gallery
Wheel and Tire Gallery
Bruce Bunn Galary

If the suppliers would agree to it I would like to see these Forum categories.

Ask Southern Automotive
Ask Alan
Ask Bruce Bunn

Thanks,
Justin

pseim
December 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Patrick
Just one little thing - when I log in, I get the box that thanks me for logging in and I'm on the list of those present, but at the home page it does not show the welcome to the site and the log out box unless I go into something like the members gallery.

pbrown
December 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Patrick
Just one little thing - when I log in, I get the box that thanks me for logging in and I'm on the list of those present, but at the home page it does not show the welcome to the site and the log out box unless I go into something like the members gallery.

Everyone should see a home page that looks like this after logging on to the site.

pseim
December 4th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Nope, even though I'm listed as being logged in, I don't get that home page unless I go to member's gallery and then back to Home

pbrown
December 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Nope, even though I'm listed as being logged in, I don't get that home page unless I go to member's gallery and then back to Home

What URL are you accessing. It should be www.uniquecobra.com (http://www.uniquecobra.com). Please make sure you don't have anything after the .com.

Is anyone else having this problem?

RJacobsen
December 4th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Patrick, I have uploaded a few photos to the gallery to give it a try but have been unable to find them. Am I doing something wrong????

pbrown
December 4th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Patrick, I have uploaded a few photos to the gallery to give it a try but have been unable to find them. Am I doing something wrong????

I don't see anything. Be sure you upload to the 'Members Categories'.

RJacobsen
December 4th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Patrick, My upload stats show that I have uploaded 2.22 megs of files. I remember the page not letting me complete my uploads without choosing a catagory, so I did. ?????

pbrown
December 4th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Patrick, My upload stats show that I have uploaded 2.22 megs of files. I remember the page not letting me complete my uploads without choosing a catagory, so I did. ?????

I found them. Moderation was enabled. I'll go find how to turn it off.

Your images are now showing in the gallery.

pseim
December 6th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Patrick
All better now - evidently I was going into http. uniquecobra.com
One other question about the clock and posting times - it seems to be several hours off of even eastern time?
Is that something I can change?

pbrown
December 6th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Patrick
All better now - evidently I was going into http. uniquecobra.com
One other question about the clock and posting times - it seems to be several hours off of even eastern time?
Is that something I can change?

You can change your timezone in User CP.

spd4me
December 7th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Pat
How can I start a new post to ask question on forum?
Bob

pbrown
December 7th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Pat
How can I start a new post to ask question on forum?
Bob

Just select he right forum and click on 'New Thread'.

RJacobsen
December 12th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Patrick, I recently noticed that on one of my threads part of the text and one or more photos didn't make it to the new site. I was able to edit the text with no problem but had a heck of a time getting the full size photo to come up. I used the img tags to get an image out of the gallery and after a couple tries was successful, but I am wondering if I can insert images without first uploading to the gallery or having them as thumbnails??