PDA

View Full Version : Part 2: Chassis is complete and ready for the body

Justin Upchurch
December 13th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Alan sent some pictures of the complete chassis w/ motor installed. Check out the 6 piston brakes, those callipers are huge! Trans is a TKO 600 w/ .82 overdrive.
The bell-housing is from Mcleoud, do Maurice a favor and don't buy one. Maurice told me that when Bill from SA was dropping off a motor that he said the bell would be a pain in the a$$ to install. Well, according to Maurice it was, and it took several hours just to get the trans lined up to the bell, and they had to enlarge the mounting holes on the trans.

The body is at Jodeco, and I will get pictures up as soon as they are sent over.

Master
December 14th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Justin, everything looks great, you will have a road rocket to be proud of. I wish I had installed the BIG BRAKES.

Brent
December 14th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Justin,

On the way home from Homecoming '05 I told my wire your car would be "serious" if and when it happened.

Damn I like it when I am right (-:

Very nice!!!!!!!!!

daveg
December 14th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Justin,

I went with the TKO 600 w/ .82 on my car build in the spring. Actually had Alan and Maurice ship it the car without the trans so I could wait to get the 600. Drove all summer (1700 miles - not bad for a first timer) and no problems. Got into 5th more than I thought I would as we did some major cruises toward the tail end of summer.

Car looks great!!!!

Dave