PDA

View Full Version : Oil block adapter...

cobracobra
December 27th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Just got my car Thurs. and trying to figure out my oil block adapter plate.
I have a total of 3 ports on it. 1 - 1/2"(didnt measure it) on the face : 1 - 1/2" on the front side : 1 - 1/4" or 3/8" on top
I did a search on the subject, but came up with different looking block adapters, majority looked like both 1/2" taps were on the face.
From there I have my remote filter hooked up and which port would be used from the adapter and the oil cooler.
Thanks & looking foward on picking all your expert minds on this....

-Mike

pgermond
December 27th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Mike,

Do a search on "remote oil cooler". There is a ton of info. This might help get you started http://www.uniquecobra.com/showthread.php?t=5205&highlight=remote+oil+cooler I have a .gif file that illustrates the routing very clearly. If you would like me to send it, shoot me an e-mail.

Naumoff
December 31st, 2005, 08:01 AM
Mike,
Hear it is.

Okiesnake
December 31st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Mike,
Can you post a picture of your adaptor?
Its is imperative that the hoses are installed correctly from the adaptor plate to the remote oil filter mount. If these hoses are switched, oil will not flow properly and will result in no oil pressure. It would only take a few minutes to destroy an engine with no oil pressure. Therefore MAKE SURE THEY ARE INSTALLED CORRECTLY. Immediately CHECK THE OIL PREESURE GUAGE after first starting the motor. If there is no pressure, immediately shut off the engine and figure out what's incorrect.
Trent

Naumoff
January 1st, 2006, 06:49 AM
Mike,
If you have a SA engine, go to your owners manual an it tells you what is the outlet on your oil adapter and where to plumb them on your remote filter.

I check the diagram I posted and it is correct.
Hole to the rear of block is the outlet and plumb to the front hole on the adapter. That is how mine is plumbed.

cobracobra
January 2nd, 2006, 07:19 AM
thanks for the response...here are some pics. SA hasnt sent me out the packet yet and they are closed until the 9th. I was told that the top port would be connected to the return port. well anyway here are the pics..

Thanks, Mike

Naumoff
January 3rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Mike,

I think it will be easier to run your oil lines off that block.
When they both come out the side they are close together and close to the frame.

weaver
January 5th, 2006, 01:32 PM
The plug on the bottom is your return, it is tied to the oil pressure line and you pick up oil pressure on the return line.

Alan