PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fuel Pump

Justin Upchurch
December 28th, 2005, 10:28 AM
I am in the process of purchasing all the parts to complete my kit, one of those parts is the electric fuel pump. I am looking for advice as to which one to purchase that is both reliable and not too noisy. So, if you have a good o bad experience with a particualr fuel pump I would like to hear about it. Right now I am leaning toward the Aeromotive 150 gph billet pump.

Justin

davebetts
December 28th, 2005, 01:26 PM
What engine? Fuel injected?
I'm running a 427 (from Southern Automotive) and it's feeding from a mechanical Holley. Never had the two 4's (750 cfm each) ask for more.
I'm not an engine builder - just telling what I know.
Good Luck!

GREENHOUSE
December 28th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I'am Running The Holley Blue Fule Pump With My Bb It Feeds A 750 Holley. The Pump Is Vary Noisey And I Have Mine Mounted On I/2 Rubber. With The Motor Running You Can't Hear Nothing But The Side Pipes Aint It Great!
Mike

Justin Upchurch
December 28th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I had the blue pump on a dragster with a motorcycle engine on it and yes it was noisy, but worked.
Mike I sure wish I could find someone that made a cog belt like you have on your car for the small block ford. I guess sometimes it pays to run a car with a distributor on the wrong end of the block

GREENHOUSE
December 28th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Justin Give The Guy A Call At Black Mountin 530-459-3921 They Were Realy Helpfull With My Project. They Might Have Something In The Works For Your Motor .this Place Sounds Like A Small Fab Shop Most Of The Parts Are Made To Order, Your Bottom Pulley Might Be A One Of.
Mike