PDA

View Full Version : Fan Shroud Build

olblu66
February 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Well im finished with this ordeal. It wasn"t fun though. Tell me what you think.

Justin Upchurch
February 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Very clean, I am impressed.

Justin

sllib
February 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
It looks great. Send me two and I'll send you a check.

souzape
February 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Wow! very nice indeed.

Phil Souza

ericeckhoff
February 4th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Looks great! More details, please.

Master
February 5th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Very nice work! At first I could not see the pain in the A$$ sway bar, you used grommets through the shroud and the fit looks great. I hope you saved all your dimensions I'm sure others will want them. I installed mine with the help of Brent's custom made brackets.

weaver
February 6th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Very Nice! Let us know how it works.

Alan

davebetts
February 6th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Workmanship looks very nice. What's the theory here? Confine the air with the shroud, making it pull only through the radiator? Will the three fans hold the temp down - even when idling in traffic or wailting to pull into a crowded show?

ralphscott
February 6th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Really nice job! I'm sure it was a real pain in the A$$ to work in. If it works as good as it looks you have really helped a lot of guys particularly if you have the construction installation details.

Ralph

Jeff 427
February 6th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Lots of work but it looks Great!
I made up the fan brackets this weedend too! I made them out of (2) 8" x14" .065 sheet aluminum similar to the ones that Brent made. Mine will be installed in front of the swap bar next to the radiator.

DStiles
February 6th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Great work! Adds alot to the engine bay...

Buzz
February 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Real nice work! How does it perform and how did you attach it?

homer
February 7th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Very nice -- would you please post more info on dimensions, material used, mounting etc. thanks

Naumoff
February 8th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Looks very clean. Very nice work.

Buzz
September 1st, 2006, 07:51 AM
OldBlu66, just a follow up - how does your fan shroud perform? While I am redoing my wiring and new gauges, etc, I am seriously thinking about either finding a way to increase radiator/sway bar clearance (less than 2" now) for a puller fan or building a shroud like yours. If the shroud works well, I will go that route.

Aggressor
September 1st, 2006, 07:41 PM
RReeally coool ! - Hope it functions as good as it looks.

-Geary

pgermond
September 1st, 2006, 08:27 PM
Guess I missed the original post - that looks great and I'll bet it keeps that motor reeeeeeeeeeal cool!!!

Nice work indeed.

olblu66
September 4th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Buzz. I still have the shroud on the car. It worked great at the homecoming and i even got caught in traffic therr. Now the temp. then was pretty nice then. since then ,in Atlanta , its been a bare. 98 99 and with heat factore it gets to 105 and up. Not very injoyable to ride in these temps. Now i take it out and on purpose, it stuck in traffic and just let it iddle in the drive way and highest i seen was 201 on the gage. So im happy with the results.

Now the only difference i did on the fan was order more cmf 15 inch fan. The shroud i fitted would only take the 15 in. During the winter . I might try to make one for a 16 in.

Any ways-----Im happy with it. Thanks Pat

Buzz
September 5th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the update Oldblu - happy to hear your efforts and craftsmanship paid off.

Naumoff
June 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Thought I would bring this back up to the top. I am changing my puller fan to a higher cfm and changing some wiring. I installed a seperate fuse block wired right to the solenoid with a 4 gauge wire. I am powering my new fan and headlights from here through relay switches.
I am going to make a fan shroud like olblu66.

Naumoff
June 14th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Well I did it.
I will start a new thread and load some pics when I get a chance.

TurnpikeBoy
June 15th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah, sure, keep us in suspense......you had time to post and drag us to the edge of our seats, surely you had time to post the pics! :)

Looking forward to it. You changing professions now, too? - becoming a tinknocker?

Naumoff
June 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah, sure, keep us in suspense......you had time to post and drag us to the edge of our seats, surely you had time to post the pics! :)

Looking forward to it. You changing professions now, too? - becoming a tinknocker?

I have been knocking tin for some time. Plumbing, heating and A/C:)

homer
May 14th, 2008, 05:35 PM
what guage metal did you use?

olblu66
May 15th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Homer think it was 040

homer
May 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM
thanks - great design - anything you would do differently the next time?

diegokid
May 16th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Do you have any patterns for scribing the cuts on the sheetmetal?

davids2toys
November 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Outstanding job, just found this thread by accident. Doing a search on fans and sway bar upgrades.
How about an update.
Did you ever do the 16" fan?
Which SPAL fan did you use, I did not see a 15" inch fan on their site!
Is it a high output?