PDA

View Full Version : Little Windsor

Brent
February 16th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Just finished the little Windsor for the Mustang project. A little "cart before the horse" so to speak but I needed the motor to mock up the front suspension and crossmember anyway.

408"
Scat Crank/Rods
Billet main girdle
King bearings
Wiseco pistons
AFR heads
Lunati cam
Comp rollers and stud girdle
Weiand intake
Milodon pan

Looks so small compared to the FE

JeepSnake
February 16th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Looks good, Brent!

Dad's on the road today, or he'd already be asking you questions. He's got dibs on a 351W in a Ford van, if we can ever get the weather to cooperate one weekend so we can pull it out. (3 weeks of cold, wet weekends in a row now.)

We've just started our homework on stroker kits - would love to hear your thoughts on the various manufacturers, kits, etc.

Those AFR's look great (think that's the one thing we HAVE sort of nailed down in our build)! I like the flange-less valve covers - at first glance, they almost look like part of the head itself.

Keep us posted!

TurnpikeBoy
February 16th, 2006, 03:27 PM
408"
Scat Crank/Rods
Billet main girdle
King bearings
Wiseco pistons
AFR heads
Lunati cam
Comp rollers and stud girdle
Weiand intake
Milodon pan

Looks so small compared to the FE

Mebbe so.....but wait'll you put your foot into it.

You won't be sad it's not an FE.

Justin Upchurch
February 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Looks good Brent, I really like the valve covers. What kind of chassis work are you doing to the car?

Brent
February 17th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Justin,

Heidt's tube stainless A-Arm front suspension (remove ugly shock towers)
AFCO coil overs, Wilwood rack and pinion
Full frame connectors, rocker bars, mid link, and X brace
9" narrowed rear end, 4 link, anti roll bar, AFCO coil overs (no more leaf springs)
Remove rear quarters and install wheel tubs.

Current fuel tank is actually the trunk floor, yuck! , new welded trunk floor and fuel cell.

will butterworth
February 17th, 2006, 07:47 AM
consistently turned best time at dscc gainesville, fla. track 2 yrs. ago when there. 351 had best time at talladega too. But, ain,t nothing like sound of big engine coming to life, keep us posted Brent cause we have a hankering to troop up a windsor this spring if weather will cooperate.If not will have to combobulate another episode of professor Vernon Von Studebaker,s escapades around the world. He was a little miffed this am that a new French Lass has been picked to play across from James"007" of fair England. Will-alabama

Justin Upchurch
February 17th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Brent,

Your car really sounds like a neat project, I really like the way you are setting up the suspension. Are you going to go back with the red color, or are you that far along yet?

Justin

ralphscott
February 22nd, 2006, 04:44 PM
Looking good Brent! Just as a point of reference I had the engine, bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, transmission all ready to go and some other odds and ends before I placed the order for the deluxe rolling pallet kit...just gotta be doing something!! Hope all is well at home.

Ralph

Slither
February 25th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Nice work :D !

gasman
February 26th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Brent, I hope you are planning a photo documentary of this build. It sounds perfect. I'm visually imagining this car in a silver grey metalic graphite, a little reminicent of Eleanor?