PDA

View Full Version : David Keeys Top Loaders

weaver
February 24th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Here are a few pics of some David Keeys Top Loaders trans we just got in, they are completly rebuilt or new, the one with the black top is aluminum. If you are interested in one the price ranges from $1550.00 for a rebuilt to $1825.00 for a new cast iron, the price for the aluminum is $1975.00. David has a web site you can visit www.davidkeetoploaders.com

Master
February 24th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Alan, Do you know what the weight difference is between the Aluminum and cast ones?

eliminator
February 25th, 2006, 06:10 AM
As far as the aluminum case top loader the verdict is still out.
There are concerns about leaking and the overall strength of the case when used in a 500 ft lbs of torque and up engine. Only time will tell as I don't know of anyone that has run one at all.
I think the aluminum tail shaft would be fine.
Other than that David has got some good products, I used one in Juan's car and checked it out real good, excellent parts. He is the top supplier of top-loader parts and has modified some of the existing parts and made them even better.

weaver
February 25th, 2006, 10:43 AM
David told Maurice he has a customer in Europe that has over 10,000 race miles on one of his aluminum trans with no problems, sounds like they hold up pretty well.

Alan

rdorman
February 28th, 2006, 06:40 AM
We have one of David Kee's aluminum toploaders behind the Keith Craft motor in the raffle car we are building. Ours has a finned top cover that is very cool. The motor puts out 570 foot pounds and David did not seem concerned in the least. Kee has put out a fine product for years, I don't expect the aluminum box to be an exception!