PDA

View Full Version : Photos

JeepSnake
March 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Hey y'all!

Well, we finally made a few photos yesterday after going for nice ride in the cars. A couple of notes on the pics:

Cy managed to work his Arctic Cat in with the Cobras for a shot - note that he has rigged the machine so that he can easily traverse water & mud DEEPER than a Unique is tall... I can't wait to see him build a car one day!

I was shooting into the sun on this one, but that's a photo of Cy's fiance, Jana, going for her very first ride in Dad's car. Note the smile, and that she made a comment about "when we get a Cobra." :)

Of the other pics, the engine photo & photo with the hardtop installed were both made by John and posted in his ad. Many thanks to Juan for resizing them for me to fit here. (Juan, I brought home a shareware program called "Irfanview," and used it to resize the other photos here. It seems to do okay, but we're still going to upgrade to Photoshop.)

JeepSnake
March 13th, 2006, 05:49 PM
a few more...

ralphscott
March 13th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Sandy and Zach Really nice. Like the knock-offs, the LeMans roof, and the way the hydraulic lines are run from the master cylinders. Great looking car. Don't doubt Alan's estimate on the original investment.

Ralph

Naumoff
March 14th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Looking good Zach.

Master
March 14th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Zack, looking forward to cruising with you at homecoming.

juanone
March 14th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Hi Zach:

The photos turned out great. I am looking forward to parking mine next to yours for a Couples photo at Homecoming.

Can I add your photos to our website at Kentucky Cobra Club?

You are a member.

Juan

ralphscott
March 15th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Hey Zach what happened to my edit regarding the Tony the Tiger decal on the windshield? Oops...could that be the Auburn icon ......? Go VOLS!! [:D]

Love the car Zach and Sandy!!

Ralph

JeepSnake
March 15th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Juan - yes, we'd love to have our photos included! Thanks so much for adding us to the roster; Dad & I have already discussed making plans to come up your way for the London show next year.

Ralph, it could be Tony the Tiger right now, and I'd still be grinning just knowing I'd stuck it on the windshield of a Unique! :) Actually, I've watched more Tennessee sports here lately than any other - Sandy's been tuned in to the Lady Vols ballgames every chance she gets.

Guess I'm going to have to get back to work tomorrow on the car - got home tonight, and Dad started in about how he'd "waxed on the red car till it was so shiny, you couldn't look at it in direct sunlight." Either he was issuing a challenge, or he'd been nipping at Professor von Studebaker's magical elixir! ;)

Slither
March 15th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Ahh yes... the Professor's magical elixir... could be, but it sounds more like a challenge:cool:!

Jeff 427
March 16th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Looking Good Zach!

Cobra, green grass, shirt sleeves and warm weather! It can't get much better than that! We are not there yet, had about an inch of SNOW yesterday!!!!

ralphscott
March 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Zach and Sandy did you catch any of the men's basketball game against Wintrop. Great game... great finish and thank goodness the Vols won! Hopw the Lady Vols do good in the tourney..

Ralph

will butterworth
March 17th, 2006, 06:08 AM
We always watch the lady vols., terrific, Pat whats,er name can make some awful facial expressions from time to time.Spring here, planted sizeable orchard and ornamental stuff this time.Plan on big garden too.Give Gayle our regards. Will-alabama

ralphscott
March 17th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Will Pat Summitt they have actually named the basketball venue after her. One really tough gal!

Best to you and Joan. I'll pass you salutation on to Gayle.[:D]

Ralph

excelguru
March 20th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Say, that car looks familiar. LOL. I thought it was funny that the arctic cat was a lot bigger than the cars. Sometimes you forget just how small they are. Pulling alongside a tractor-trailer always reminds me, though.

By the way, if you get Photoshop, be sure to buy Photoshop Elements. You don't need the full-blown Photoshop (commonly called CS2) unless you plan to do a lot of SERIOUS photo editing. Most people can easily get by with Elements which can be purchased from B&H Photo for about $100. The CS2 version is about 6x that much. I use CS2 all the time for portraiture work.